Pilot Was Four Times Over Alcohol Limit

SpiceMan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spiceman,

Unfortunately an Englishman is not allowed to speak his thoughts in his home country now without being accused of one form of "ism or another.

I did give it a try back home for a few months earlier this year and I could not reintegrate and got the hell out again, my income meant I was paying 50% of my income to the government for them to waste it on non English Speaking immigrants and their clan and bloody child benefit. Then I had Council tax 135 Quid a month for someone to empty my bins, thats all I got for it, why should I finance others kids to go to school or a police force who does not care about casual crime but puts up speed cameras to hammer the motorist? I seriously don't know how you can put up with it.

Women who fear being forced to marry abroad told to hide spoon in underwear

A number of women and girls at risk of forced marriage have avoided going abroad by concealing spoons in their underwear at airport security, according to a campaign group.

Karma Nirvana, a Derby-based charity that supports victims of forced marriage, advises people who ring its helpline to hide a spoon in order to set off metal detectors at British airports. The group says that its recommendation has prevented some women from being spirited overseas.

Last week ministers warned that young people were at the highest risk of being taken abroad for a forced marriage during the school holidays. The government's forced marriage unit received 400 reports between June and August last year, out of an annual total of 1,500.

No one knows for sure how many Britons are forced into marriage each year. Estimates range from 1,500 to 5,000. More than a third of those affected are thought to be aged under 16.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/15/women-forced-marriage-spoon-underwear

I do understand that. But you can not brush a whole country because of the rotten apples. I have worked sofar with 10 pakistani's give or take. And they seemed reasonable people (mostly students at Abac though). If you start brushing whole groups with the same paint then you have degenerated as far as certain groups that came to power in the '30s. I will always threat people as individuals never judge them as a group. Apart from ze Germans ;) ................................. whom are all swell people (at least the ones that I met :) )

W

10 out if 183,000,000 Pakistanis is not a true representation, not many Pakistan nationals from a country with a GDP of US$ 2,960 per capita could afford to send their offspring to ABAC and purchase a degree for three years, as I stated you have only met the top 0.001% of them.

I actually get along very well with Germans in my line of work, I have been dealing with them and working alongside them for 25 years now on and off, most of them under 60 are apologetic about the past and I accept that, the past is the past and we don't discuss it. If things go to plan and I can resolve contractual concerns I may be in Vietnam working as a consultant for a Stuttgart company within the next couple of weeks,

@Spiceman .... the group behaviour may add up to 60-70-80% but never to 100%. Which is why I will always treat people as individuals.

My experience with Brits here in Bangkok, especially in my work is: They are lazy, always show up late, half of them are drunk, they have a big mouth when they feel someone tramples their rights but when they have to fulfill the duties they are paid for they are never home. After fellow Dutch people the people that I have been scammed by most are Brits. On average 50% of the Brits are drunk or under some other substance. Of all nationalities I work with as an agent for extras and actors they are the worst of the lot! Not to mention my former Scottish partner whom has been trying to character assassinate me for the past 3 years with the most ludicrous lies.

YET I will never treat people a certain way because 80% of their group behaves in a bad way. I take people 1 at a time.

Or should I treat you and Kong as Lazy, ever drunk, always late, possible high on drugs scumbags because 80% of the Brits I know of are like that? (my apologies to Kong because I know he struggles with some problems not meant as an attack)

W

10 out if 183,000,000 Pakistanis is not a true representation, not many Pakistan nationals from a country with a GDP of US$ 2,960 per capita could afford to send their offspring to ABAC and purchase a degree for three years, as I stated you have only met the top 0.001% of them.

So you just validated my argument. It is never 100% of the people which is why you should treat people as individuals. Also how many out of 183,000,000 did you ever meet? Is that a representation or are you claiming I met the only 10 good Pakistanis to ever been born?

I actually get along very well with Germans in my line of work, I have been dealing with them and working alongside them for 25 years now on and off, most of them under 60 are apologetic about the past and I accept that, the past is the past and we don't discuss it. If things go to plan and I can resolve contractual concerns I may be in Vietnam working as a consultant for a Stuttgart company within the next couple of weeks,

Why should Germans be expected to be apologetic about the 2nd world war? Both of my grandfathers whom where in the resistance already holidayed in Germany again in the 50ties. When as a young child I wondered about that, how they could forgive them, they both told me the same thing. What is done is done. A group of German people has done a bad thing, but it is not up to us to condemn the whole German people for the mistakes of 20 or 30% of their group. And they reminded me of the fact that in the 2nd WW the other side (the allies and especially the Russians) committed some horrible things themselves for which nobody ever held them responsible.

Should we learn from the 2nd WW YES ..... never again .... YES. But the funny thing is you are all displaying one of those fundamental Nazi traits by brushing off whole groups of people as a group instead of as individuals! You guys actually never learned from history!

Or should I treat you and Kong as Lazy, ever drunk, always late, possible high on drugs scumbags because 80% of the Brits I know of are like that? (my apologies to Kong because I know he struggles with some problems not meant as an attack)

W

No offence taken Sir, I know what I used to be like and I know how I am now without a struggle 2 years and counting :).

I accept that in your line of work, especially here in Thailand you have Probably met the Dregs of Brit and all of Western society since due to their home countries GDP the riff raff can now afford to travel where as the people from the sub continent you have dealt with are from the top 0.01 percentile and are also not representative.

Have you ever been woken up at 4AM by the camp manager in Saudi because a team of Pakistani Process Operators who were under your control tried to bring a life goat onto the camp to sacrifice for Eid, I have, have you ever had the misfortune to spend two months in Islamabad as the company rep, I have, and the list goes on.

The reason I brought up Germans was due to the fact that you made the first reference towards them and as much as we never forget as a global society we have to understand that todays generation were born post 45.

YET I will never treat people a certain way because 80% of their group behaves in a bad way. I take people 1 at a time.

You can only take people one at a time when you have the chance to meet them. For groups of people, it is necessary to make assumptions based on their behavior as a group. Thats not Nazi-ism, its common sense. It sounds like your previous experience of Brits has caused you to reach a conclusion on group behavior that can only be shaken when you meet an individual that isn't drunk or lazy or high. Fair enough. My experience of Pakistani's comes from living in a country with millions of them. I have formed my assumptions of the group based on their behavior as a group.

And for the record I usually work hard, don't take drugs and haven't drunk any alcohol for 8 years.

I think you are closer to my point of view than you think Spiceman ...... isn't it normal to take people as they come when you meet them?

Kong, I understand where people come from. Like I said it is hard for me to from time to time when I get another email from a Brit that they want to work as an extra. But I give all of them a fair chance, to show that they are not like the others.

Hell I even gave a Brit engineer in his 40's whom has lost the plot totally, but is amazingly enough still properly employed! .... 3 chances and he fucked up 3 times. First time he was so drunk on an extra job he could barely stand and had to puke and we send him home, he still got payed because I felt sorry and I told production he had eaten som tam. He called me later apologized and said it was a one off thing. Second time I send him for a casting, but he was to drunk to understand what I told him. He then called me later to ask ei why did you call me yesterday. I told him go to casting. He went. The casting director called me and complained .... please tell people not to be drunk and smell of beer.

This guy is well educated, with a reasonable well payed job. And spends every evening in bars, for years already. Such a shame. When he is sober he is a good man. And he certainly is not part of the rifraf. But I cannot work with him anymore now.

Archived