Pattaya And Me...the Romance Is Over.

Steve

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is gonna sound racist and maybe it is but I got along better with the westerners, More subcontinent types and its ironic coming from another person of color saying that.

Steve, I think of myself as a 'culturalist'. I have definite problems with some cultures. That people, who represent some cultures, may be of a certain skin colour, does not register with me anymore.

More, I think that without exception, the people of certain cultures, to whom I am deterred, have had an inferior, or lack of, education.

Most often when I meet the educated, moderate individuals of each culture, they seem as balanced as I would like to be.

So I guess it's the ignorant of the cultures (including mine) that I despise.

It is a shame that these mind closed, myopic, shuttered thinkers get to run countries and the like.

So I don't think your statement is racist, I think it is sensible, if culturalist.

Phuket, specifically patong is still good fun but caters to familys and couples more it seemed to me on my last visit......knd of gone off it some what...lots of moody looking people...not the free wheeling fun town I first visited in 98.....as for getting around, as far as i'm concerned if going fom beach to beach or to the cape or Phuket town or a trip to the outer regions like krabi or phang nga are on your radar RENT A TRUCK!!!! (david car rent are a great rental firm)

Archived