I Need Someone In Bangkok To Stretch A Shoe About Half A Us Size

dean

the son of a friend is in the Thai Army, stationed in Bangkok. He asked if I could get him a pair of size 8.5 (US) military, black boots that retail for between $130 and $200. Even on Ebay, they are running at least $80 for a used pair. I did, however, find a new pair on Ebay for $20 (not a knock off) but the catch is the pair are exactly the same except the left is size 8 and the right is size 8.5. I'm going to call my friend tonight to see if her son has feet that are a normal size width. If so, is there someone in Bangkok that you can recommend that could stretch the one boot to fit his foot? I don't mind spending up to $60-70 but not $130-200 for a pair of boots. Besides, if the $20 boots work out, I may be able to buy his second request; a military type back back (ortlieb) that ranges between $150-250 on Ebay.

I read the same Internet articles. They also say to load the boot up with oatmeal and pour enough water in to get the oatmeal wet. Someone also recommended putting a plastic bag or ballon filled with water and freeze. If wet newspapers has actually been used and works, I'll try it. Any other suggestions before I potentially ruin a boot?

Archived