Wine Recommendation Needed

SpiceMan

Personally I have no idea whether the Thais drink wine other than "rice wine" traditionally - however I have known a few Thais to sample a glass or three, and find myself enjoying a nice red with any strong flavoured food. Last night it was a bottle of Cab Merlot with Indian veggies and chicken. Went down a treat.

Thanks for the wine advice. In the end, the wine was never opened. My guests, who have not been to Thailand, decided they wanted to try Thai beer. So I gave them Chang. They said it was good and drank several bottles. :drinking: Food was pronounced excellent so I would say our dinner party was a success. :_party:

I had Great Wall wine in the 1980s at a hotel event. (When I was an editor I was invited to pig out everywhere for free.) I commented that it didn't taste bad, but the F&B manager told me I didn't know about the chemicals that were in it. He said he wouldn't drink it if they paid him to. :p

Chateau de Loei is drinkable, and when it came out it was quite reasonable. Then they got ideas and raised the price to the same as the cheaper imported wines. At that price, I'll stick with the imported unless I want to show someone a Thai wine.

Archived