I Think I'm In Love :)

gobbledonk

The Bangkok Post has a report on the gals who service the lower end of the Thai industry, and this lady's story gave me a chuckle:

"I earn my living by pretending to sell som tom on the street. In fact, I don't even know how to make som tam," the young woman from the northeastern province of Mukdahan says.

"I mainly make money from selling special homemade booze made from lao khao [local Thai rice liquor] mixed with water and red soda pop. The papayas, cucumbers and tomatoes you see are all fake; they're all plastic."

Gae, however, insists she's not there to sell her body. "I'm not that kind of person. I'm not sleeping with men for money," she says.

"But if you want me to, I can go to a local karaoke shop with you if you pay me 300 baht. Then we can see what happens next."

Right, so when you aren't pretending to sell somtam you pretend you aren't actually a part-time hooker ? Hmm - I'm sure we can find a gold shop and a marriage celebrant out Hua Lamphong way, Gae my love ! ;)

Pretty obvious from the photos at the bottom of that article that they arent selling Somtam - I guess it makes it a tiny bit less obvious than most streetwalkers.

http://www.bangkokpo...in-the-darkness

Munchy, I'm in love with Gae, of course - clearly anyone with such a 'fluid' approach to the concept of morality would make an excellent life partner. As for looks, anyone who commands 300 baht (a day's pay, no less...) simply to accompany me to a Karaoke bar must surely be Helen of Troy. Assemble my Army, would you, so that we might lay siege to Hua Lamphong and carry off this fair maiden !

(I'll need you at the front, and I'll wait here with the handmaidens)

300 baht!, is that the 'bar fine' or the whole kit & caboodle? Now if I was so inclined, I would rename myself 'Muu', sip fine moonshine with fair Gae - hell, I might even treat her to a real som tam over the steaming sewer while we talk Isaan in really high nasal vocals, then I might take her to the dirty karaoke wooden shack and shag her arse off taking it one pitch higher without a condom between here and never never land; and all for the princely sum of 300 baht. Hua Lamphong the Cheap Charlie Ville capital of Bangkok.

Love is an illusion - perpetuated by lawyer type individuals who then further the illusion with the idea of marriage culminating in the very real need for divorce and divorce lawyers.

Kao jai mai?

:)

What happens to guy's like me then who ended up marrying their divorce lawyer haha!

Archived