Average Iq In Thailand Getting Lower By The Year

waerth

This is a rant.

I have been living at the same place for well over 14 years. For that time I order food from time to time from one of the food deliveries, They normally never ever had any problems finding my building (there are 7 buildings here), they call me and I go down pick it up et voila.

Now the last year or so the drivers for all food deliveries (McD, KFC, Pizza Company, Foodbyphone, Foodpanda, chefsxp) all of a sudden do not know how to find my building anymore. They always go to the first building then call me and say they are downstairs. I then go downstairs and ..... no driver ...... I have to call the delivery service and they then have to call their driver etc etc etc. In the end after an additional 5 to 15 minutes they finally manage to find my building. They usually blame the guard for pointing them the wrong way :(

Some drivers even manage to go to another soi on the some road and say they are at my condo :(

This is a trend the last year or so. With all of the companies, but especially ChefsXP stands out. I complained many times and they say oh .... difficult to find. Hell nothing has changed and no one had a problem for 14 years. So I just have to conclude that the Thai brains are shrinking and IQ is lowering!

Could it be they started using some satnav device that misguides them?

If one started, other deliveries may have followed, dumbing them all down almost simultaneously.

I can't buy from amazon.com any more. The address they have gets truncated and last leg shipping company can't figure out where to go.

It had been fine for years but when they changed local shipping contractor, data exchange delivers cut address that does not exist.

No way to fix it, the source holds the correct address. Two small parcels (30$ each) never arrived and local company told me - they had returned them after being unable to find my address. Then emailed me the data they had - all wrong.

Now, China and Russia (any dictatorship country invited) have a new thing for their text books: how the democracy in the US works. This blunder in the US is a laughing stock around the planet.

The previous case went unnoticed by the public. That was before the advent of the Internet, 17 years ago.

Where has the intelligence of people dropped down the most?

It has actually never existed. People fall pray to the populists, demagogs. The feudalism was stable for centuries because the peasants could not vote.

That is what "Yellow shirts", a club of reactionaries, wants in Thai.

Two small parcels (30$ each) never arrived and local company told me - they had returned them after being unable to find my address. Then emailed me the data they had - all wrong.

At least they tried to deliver the parcels.

I once shipped a 20 kilo package stuffed with clothes to the inlaws in Sakon Nakhon.

I arrived a few months later only to find out that it had never arrived.

Off to the post office. Mai Mee. No habb. Then my eagle eyed missus spotted a dusty package in a remote corner of the only room of the post office.

"That is my friggin package, why did you not deliver it FFS".

"Oh, that one? It is to big to be delivered by the mail man as he rides a motor bike".

No attempt had been made to notify the inlaws that a large package had arrived for them from farangland.

We brought back the package on our motor bike, only later to discover that now the package now weighed considerably less as all the best stuff had been "removed".

Back in my Peace Corps days, I knew a secondary volunteer who extended for a third year, which got her a 30-day home leave. When she was home, she packed all of her favourite food - things she couldn't get in LOS - and posted it to the Peace Corps office. Once back in Thailand, she waited and waited for it to arrive. After about 4 months, her parents wrote her saying the package had been returned as unclaimed!

She stormed off to the Peace Corps to see why they had sent it back to the States. The Thais in the mail room said, "You never came to pick it up, so we sent it back." She yelled at them, "I NEVER CAME BECAUSE YOU NEVER TOLD ME IT HAD ARRIVED!"

:dunno:

More on "thai postal service".

When I arrived in Sakon Nakhon, I wanted my family in Denmark to know that we had arrived safely.

We would be away for 6 months on that trip, so I went on my merry way to the post office - no, not that post office - to send 3 letters to my folks, my grandmum and my brother, resp.

The clerk at the post office took my money, but I didnt actually see him putting on the stamps.

In hindsight that was a bad call.

A couple of months went by in Mubaan far far away. Then one day the mail man arrived with a letter for us.

It was from my embassy, my parents were very worried that they had not heard a single word from us since our departure and they had contacted my embassy to try and find us.

I had not left a forwarding address as I was on the move a lot. The missus stayed at the Moobaan most of the time and I would every so often come back from my travels.

The embassy managed to track down my inlaws` address and urged me to contact my folks asap to reassure them that everything was okay.

The clerk at the post office had just taken my money, thrown away my letters, and thus causing a lot of concern.

When I was a PC vol, my grandmother wrote to ask me if I'd got my birthday card. Nope, never did. She was not happy to hear that, since she had put a $20 bill in it. I presume that some postman got it along the way. My mother told me she had sent me some clothes. Never saw them either.

This was 35 years ago, when 20 bucks bought a lot more than today. You could have lunch in Thailand for 3 baht (15 cents) and a BG was 100 baht ($5) "aw nigh".

Archived