Average Iq In Thailand Getting Lower By The Year

waerth

IMO, the average USA person has no idea of anything outside the USA boundaries!

While I was working in Taiwan, some years back, my Mother had sent a box of Xmas

cookies to my USA office, as the office would forward all our mail to Taiwan...so we thought...

Cookies never arrived, I asked the office about this and they replied..."...we don't forward

packages...but the cookies were very good!"!!!

Farkin bastards!!!

IMO, the average USA person has no idea of anything outside the USA boundaries!

While I was working in Taiwan, some years back, my Mother had sent a box of Xmas

cookies to my USA office, as the office would forward all our mail to Taiwan...so we thought...

Cookies never arrived, I asked the office about this and they replied..."...we don't forward

packages...but the cookies were very good!"!!!

Farkin bastards!!!

You went cheaply. It is a policy not to send private parcels (those not in manila folders or parts/books via Corp courier).

They could have questioned you (not your mother) why are you using Corp resources for private purposes.

I had a colleague from Australia coming to Tokyo, asked him to bring me a bottle of Penfolds BIN 389 wine. He did but I could not go to pick it up and he left it with one of our admin ladies. 3 weeks later, she sent it to me, from public Post office, at her expense, not used Corp daily ferry between the offices.

It was company policy to forward mail to us that worked outside the USA.

This was a private company.

They *** never *** had anyone post anything privately.

What you talk about is apples vs oranges.

> "...why are you using Corp resources for private purposes..."

*** because it was allowed by the company ***

...back to topic...

We called in an order for a pizza...we had to give the address at least 50 times! WTF!!!

The pizza shop is just a few Kms away but the person answering the phone had no idea...I was

like, I am 12/123, Soi 1, Moo 1, Ekachai road....etc...they seemed not to understand Soi 1???

I would expect them to be typing the address into a form on the computer screen, but I well

understand the addressing where I live...it was a Thai speaking to another Thai so no chance

of my mispronouncing any of the address...

Maybe just a new employee? bad system at the country wide pizza chain? something very off here.

Did get the pizza about 30 min later :biggrin:

...back to topic...

Maybe just a new employee? bad system at the country wide pizza chain? something very off here.

Did get the pizza about 30 min later :biggrin:

Can you imagine if the pizza staff posted their version of the battle with your pronunciation?

What might they have said? I would guess, many rude things about "the farang on the phone".

But they don't post here or might post somewhere else where it matters more. Far harsher than your post.

What they have is a national consensus while you might have ~10 like minded approvers. About the intelligence of the other side.

Hi,

Note the "it was a Thai speaking to another Thai"

It wasn't Cav on the phone, but a Thai.

Sanuk!

From

"We called in an order for a pizza...we had to give the address at least 50 times! WTF!!!"

I understood it was him being unsuccessful and then another person, a Thai, spoke to them.

My apologies if I am not correct.

Reminds me of the time I called a friend at another university. The person on the other end answered in Thai. I told him whom I wanted, and he said he would go look for him. Then I noticed an Australian accent to his Thai. I said, "Why are we speaking Thai?" He started laughing and we switched to English. Idiots R Us. :p

Archived