Chicken Nuggets

yfs

First of all I didn't know chickens had nuggets (ok, we got that silly joke out of the way).

From yahoo news http://news.yahoo.co...-131533269.html

It seems chicken nuggets are not all that the big chains would want you to think they are. Less meat and more fat, blood vessels, cartilage and bone. Basically chicken by-product.

Nothing goes to waste from a processed chicken.

I'd avoid most chicken nuggets like the plague unless you make them yourself. Back in my butchering days the wholesaler I last worked for got a short term contract to supply the "chicken" to one of the big chicken nugget sellers (McD's or Hungry Jacks can't remember which one) - as the usual supplier couldn't do it for a while for whatever reasons. basically it was frozen chicken skins and the like, minced, formed and crumbed. By using 100% chicken skin (aka fat) it is perfectly legal to put "100% chicken" on the label. Since most skin comes from the breast (the drumsticks, wings etc are generally sold with the skin on), it is also perfectly legal to call it "100% chicken breast".

Some sellers have changed since then, but not all.

First of all I didn't know chickens had nuggets (ok, we got that silly joke out of the way).

From yahoo news http://news.yahoo.co...-131533269.html

It seems chicken nuggets are not all that the big chains would want you to think they are. Less meat and more fat, blood vessels, cartilage and bone. Basically chicken by-product.

Nothing goes to waste from a processed chicken.

i work with someone who seems to have made it his life's mission to 'educate' others that McDonald's serve nothing that is like 'real meat'.

he really does get on his high-horse at times but every other fast-food chain sells perfectly good products and they are ok to eat.... :dunno:

and any sort of meat bought in an up-scale chain of stores are all 100% meat and really good to eat.

i do tend to :whatever: when he gets going and walk away as i'm so bored with his ranting.

but it is fun to turn up sometimes munching on a McD's i have just bought and just see his reaction and funnily enough say zilch to me.... :cool:

Archived