Good Morning Vietnam!

huumlaar

Come out to the sticks and sample Bia Thai Binh 15,000 VND (22 Baht) per pitcher Bia Noi is 17,000 VND (25 Baht).

Avinaa Vodka 23,000 VND (125 Baht) per bottle at the local mart and my Thang Long cigarettes 78,000 VND (115 Baht) for a carton of 200, you cannot spend money in this country :)

The thing is you don't, smallest note is 1,000 VND (1.48 Baht) and Largest is 500,000 VND (740 Baht) even going to a western restaurant and having a decent steak and a bottle of wine only sets me back 200,000 VND less than 300 Baht.

At first I was surprised that maximum withdrawal from ATM was only 2,000,000 VND (about 3,000 Baht) but even 2,000,000 lasts for days, the basics such as a tube of toothpaste 15 Baht, International SMS 3 Baht, 20 packs of instant cappuccino coffee 70 Baht etc. the largest item on my supermarket bill yesterday was 250,000 VND (370 Baht) for a case of 24 Tiger Beers.

Not bad when here on a western expat package :D

We have a bar haha.

Anywhere in the world where one works a bunch of Farangs can make a bar their own clubhouse and I have found ours, fark less than 2 weeks in Vietnam and I have already negotiated discounts for bulk purchase.

You do need a home base, the 19th hole so to speak, it has pool tables but we installed a Dart board, now playing god music since I transferred 2.5 TB of tunes to them, last night Mrs Dong waived the check bin, you guys bring people in to my bar so I gave her a 1,00,000 VND Tip about US$ 40 what the bill should have been for 6 people.

I better get used to this place the project will not be finished for years, head down, gob shut, take the money hehe.

wow....370 baht for a case of 24 tiger beer. Beside supermarket prices, how are the prices at restaurants, bars compared to Bangkok as well as nightlife prices? I enjoyed the 30 baht bowl of noodles as well as LT 1,000 baht (exclusive of bar find) at the outdoor bars in Pattaya.

Archived