Asoke Flooded?

radioman

With all the raising of the roads and the lack of proper drainage pipes, they have

created lakes in the moo baans!

They did the same to Ekachai Road by me, raised it about one meter! all the small villages

along Ekachai get flooded unless they install pumps.

Not one drainage pipe installed...can you say...azz clowns?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Near me, there are residual rice fields, between areas of higher land. These flood each year, a good thing for rice culture. The rich have been buying these fields up, raising them 1 metre and building 2 metre walls around them. Anyone with a basic grasp of logic will know, if the floods are of similar volume, the flood plain now covered 50% by walled off estates, then the floods will be twice as high.

I also wonder, with the attitude towards building here, that cheaper is better, how long these walls will last with 1~2 metres of flood pressing up against them.

And so it goes...

When I was last in Patts - 20 months ago (!) - they had literally turned a few of the back Sois into huge trenches, leaving quite a few bars with no apparent means of entry or exit. Just big, scary holes for some tragically drunk punter to stumble into - hopefully, it would have paid dividends when (if?) the road was rebuilt, but it wasn't a pretty sight at the time. Can't say I saw a lot of urgency in the two weeks I was there - hopefully they've shown a little more of the same in the Beach Road redevelopment : I need everything to be 'just so' for my triumphant return to the city in just a few short months :D

Friday night the Soi 23 end of Asoke was flooded a little over ankle deep at the Cowboy entrance - which sucked because I came out of Little Italy and made a beeline straight there in the rain (to get out of the rain). Wasn't willing to have my feet soaked the entire night so turned around and walked into the new bar (crazy house or horse or something), but it was jam packed to the gills (by several folks turning away from the entrance to cowboy on soi 23 probably also - or maybe it's just very popular). Walked around to the other side on Asoke and it wasn't too bad. Cowboy itself wasn't flooded, it was just that entrance on Soi 23.

Bars were emptier than usual though, which was nice - though Baccarra still had a full house, I've come to detest that place with the 100% mercenary attitude -- I was bombarded with drink requests literally moments after sitting down, one after another. Including a pesky mamasan wanting to know which girl I liked. Coupled with thumping generic house music so loud I wanted to scratch my eyes out.

That said, it is without a doubt the biggest money maker on cowboy. Girls are rolling in and and out and back again to do STs like grand central station. Sitting there with a visiting friend (he loves the place) for a couple hours I literally saw one girl leave and return on STs 3 times straight, one about 20 minutes. Baaaaaa maaaak.

Sorry, all OT, but fuck it:

Isn't that the nude bar and knocking shop made out of the Ship Inn restaurant and the shop next door?

That sir, would be accurate. Can't give a decent eval of the place because it's just too damn crowded the couple times I stepped in.

btw - in a moment of half drunken stupidity did hook up with a girl from Baccara. Got back to the apartment and she said guys were giving her 6k baht (and, after seeing what a slob I was she also made the generous offer to be my 'live in' gf for a mere 50k baht a month and do the cooking/cleaning too).

6k baht. Really? It's not the money but the stark knowledge that I am officially prey to the sharks. I asked her how much it would cost for her to leave right now? Needless to say that dampened the mood, and I then proceeded over to my usual stomping grounds on soi 11 and hooked up with someone hotter and 10x cooler. Reminded me why 99.9% of my forays with the opposite sex don't take place in gogos (nothing against them mind you - some definite jewels in the rough there, though the typical Thai woman on the BTS in the afternoon or walking around Terminal 21 is much hotter). Big city life indeed.

But, all should be qualified with one blatant fact: I don't know shit.

btw - for a different thread but I meant to ask you flash - if you were to tell somebody in Thai "never again" (as in I'll never do that again) - would Thais say mai koey iik ไม่เคยอีà¸, or mai koey tam iik ไม่เคยทำอีà¸, or neither one???? -- I'm not sure.

Archived