Boo Radley

Nurses apologise for photo with slain officer

The Nation October 31, 2013 1:00 am

UqvJ3jF.jpg

7VYid8V.jpg

Three nurses at Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra Hospital yesterday apologised to the public for an inappropriate photograph taken in the hospital's intensive-care unit.

Two of the nurses are seen flashing a "victory" sign in front of the body of Pol Sgt Nimit Deewong, who was killed along with two fellow bomb-squad officers in a blast in Narathiwat on Monday.

After the photo was circulated on social media from Tuesday night, the nurses' action came in for heavy public criticism as being inappropriate, insensitive and unethical.

Hospital director Chatchai Srinamwong confirmed that the photo was taken at the hospital and said an initial probe deemed the nurses' action to have violated the patient's rights. Hence they were guilty of professional misconduct. Insisting that the hospital staff were committed to their work, he said the nurses' action stemmed from a lack of awareness of the situation.

Nurse Patsaroh Rodomasae, whose face was captured, said she had no intention of offending anyone, while nurse Nosira Doloh, whose hand gesture was captured, said they meant no offence but were merely trying to signify that they would "fight" by continuing to work in the region. Another nurse, Norisa Jehlae, who took the photo, said she was sorry and asked for forgiveness.

http://www.nationmul...r-30218344.html

http://news.sanook.com/1294713/%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A9%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%A7-%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97.%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%94/

nurse Nosira Doloh, whose hand gesture was captured, said they meant no offence but were merely trying to signify that they would "fight" by continuing to work in the region.

Yeah, right...... 'Sort of like the "Hawaiian Good Luck Signs" flashed in North Korea by the crewmen of the USS Pueblo:

pueblo_crew_middlefinger_yoest.jpg

The picture really tells it all.

Look at the 2 Senior Nurses in the background - non Muslim Senior Nurse on the right looking with obvious disapproval (to put it mildly) at the idiot Nurse who clearly celebrated the death of the Bomb Disposal Officer, Muslim Senior Nurse on the left clearly totally uninterested and Texting or whatever on her 'phone.

You have to wonder what level of care non-Muslim patients receive in Hospitals in these areas; everyone involved should be fired immediately.

Patrick

I hadn't notice that, but you are right. She is completely ignoring the "apology".

I take my hat off to the EOD guys (and gals too in the US Army). I carried an MOS of combat demolitions, but I never tried to defuse anything. Just blow the damned thing in place and have done with it. No way I'd want to try to take a bomb apart before it goes off. The extra pay just isn't worth it.

p.s. About 18% of the population in Narathiwat is Buddhist. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes these days.

Archived