Amnesty Opponents To Rally Nationwide

Flashermac

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FTI opposes blanket amnesty bill

A meeting of the Federation of Thai Industries has agreed to oppose all legislation that grants amnesty for those implicated in corruption, FTI chairman Payungsak Chartsuthipol said on Friday.

As anti-amnesty bill protests are on the brink of becoming violent, responsible parties must stabilise the situation as soon as possible, for the benefit of the nation, said Mr Payungsak.

He said the FTI is not a political organisation, but is obliged to take part in problem solving in any situation that would affect manufacturers and the economy.

The FTI chief argued that if protests are prolonged until early next year, it would erode the confidence of foreign investors and affect Thai manufacturers’ orders.

If peace is restored, the economy next year should grow by more than 5%, in line with Asean’s economic growth, projected to range from 5.2% to 5.7%, he added.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/378853/business-will-suffer-if-protests-continue-says-federation-of-thai-industries

Govt advised, listen to people’s voice

The government must listen to voice of the people and cancel the blanket amnesty bill to avoid possible violence, the National Legislation Assembly Members Club said in a statement issued on Friday.

The statement was read out by Meechai Ruchuphan, chairman of club and former Senate speaker.

It said the NLA club was concerned about the ongoing widespread anti-amnesty bill protests and called on all parties with different opinions to refrain from violence.

The statement suggested the government, members of the House of Representatives and the Senate should rapidly give assurances to the public that there would be no more use of majority party-line votes to push the blanket amnesty legislation, to prevent the protests from escalating.

In the long-term, the government should set up a new independent fact finding reconciliation committee, provide full support for the panel and abide by its proposals, the statement said.

Mr Meechai said the government must rapidly settle the problem, warning that if the protests are prolonged there is a high risk they will turn violent.

Asked whether the government should dissolve the House of Representatives to end conflict, Mr Meechai said that the decision rests with the government.

http://www.bangkokpo...ill-not-dropped

Flasher, better to stop dumping rubbish, understand that Thais have a government democratically elected in the country where you are nothing, Not more than a guest. Those you might think would have any sympathy for you , would not. They would be the first to see you out.

It is Thai business, why are you enganging in that? You have no rights there and never will.

Because Flasher feels the same as me. He cares for this place. He has made his home here. And whether the govt gives us any rights or not doesn't have anything to do with that!

But he appears to be against the government, democraticaly elected. Caring about the place is not equal to supporting anti-governmet moves.

Thais can and have to do that. Not us. We (farangs) should be silent and not participate in the uprise.

TTM - how does that compare to your rights in Japan?

Quite good. Japan is not a mickeymouse country. Doing alright, nobody sent me here, my own merit, Local hire.

Nobody can recall me. Can stay all my life if I wish.

What did you want to know?

How do I protest against the JP government? Do I have to protest? I am not a parasite here,

Just look the posts above. "peoples court", As you being an American, I would expect you to say something more substantial. You said nothing,

TTM even Thai's whom are 180 degrees opposed to my opinion would never give me that line of bullshit. Sorry but you really have lost the plot and derailed this thread. This thread is about anti government protests and protests against the amnesty bill. Not whether farangs have a right to an opinion. You are talking about democratically elected governments, but you are against people voicing an opinion ..... funny very funny.

Archived