How Come Sea Airports Dont Enforce The Return Ticket 'rule' ?

gobbledonk

From my experience, it is iffy if I depart from the USA, will I be asked for a return ticket/visa. Maybe 50% of the time.

Mostly, as a US citizen I am not asked in other countries.

Australia, I need a visa to get into the country but never asked about a return ticket.

Middle East (Dubai, Kuwait, etc) need a visa to get into the country but never asked about a return ticket.

Appears no absolutes from what I have seen. :dunno:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I am coming from is a stupidity that many have heard. Like this one :

www@......

radio or whatever announcers, have been parroting that, stumbling to pronounce "www",

You don't need that "www". Web sites work without that. Just say "thaiairways,com" , that is enough. But that's what uneducated media people do not understand and serve to the public, similarly clueless lot.

Same with the airline tickets. The common knowledge is that you have to have a return ticket.

That is where we profit: 2 one way tickets far cheaper than 1 return.

A fad. I believe they (airlines) profit on that misconception.

Nothing surprising. The airline business is the worst managed of all human activites on the planet.

Here's one... he was OK to fly to the USA but could not fly back??? WTF...how about some standards???

http://news.yahoo.com/too-fat-fly-french-family-stranded-us-195147803.html

Too fat to fly: French family stranded in US

A French family who came to the United States for medical treatment said they were stranded in Chicago after British Airways determined their son was too fat to fly.

Kevin Chenais, 22, spent a year and a half at the Mayo Clinic for treatment of a hormone disorder which led him to weigh 500 pounds.

His mother was near tears as she described the family’s problems to the local CBS affiliate.

"We blame British Airways because now they just leave us, and they brought us here,†Christina Chenais told the station.,,

What's this...the new and sensitive Ura Dick???

Come on, get a set...

Hope your doing OK and set for another winter!

I got a set dude.....I'm just not gonna take bullshit from a know nothing who's never been on the other side of the check in counter.

I'm doing ok and I'm never set for winter. I fuckin hate it. I will be in the vicinity in early March. I'll be in the Philippines, if there is anything left of it after Yolanda leaves.

I think that they found their solution; the boat back to France. It isn't clear from the article whether he was 500 pounds and in bad enough shape to need medical devises on the plane on his trip to the U.S. 18 months ago. Given all of it, it would have been a public relations home run for an airline to step up and take him. The way Richard Branson feels about BA, I'm surprised that Virgin Atlantic didn't offer.

Archived