How Come Sea Airports Dont Enforce The Return Ticket 'rule' ?

gobbledonk

The agent will most likely not get in trouble and there are not 100's per day as wrongly stated by a previous poster. The agent has every right and actually a duty to deny a passenger that does not have this document, boarding on the aircraft in the origin city. I have personally done this many times unless the passenger bought a ticket leaving the country of destination.

Your word against mine. From Bangkok, there are ~300 flights a day. With 250+ passengers per plane, ~100 a day denied entry at their destination every day is not unreesaonable. Even for things like passport must be valid 6+ months upon entry.

Even 10 a day may come back to the check-in counter staff who let them through. And bite their bum.

I am talking about commercial airlines staff, not government employees at immigration.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine bigger than yours.

And what can you say other than a claim anyone can make?

I guess I could PM you a photo of my airline ID and my passport and my DL and any other form of ID I have to show that is my face on my airline ID but why would I do that for you and why would I lie about my previous job? I have nothing to gain. I'm just telling you from my experience, your numbers are WAAAAAAAAY off.

As for making claims anyone could make, why should anyone believe a word out of your mouth then?? Anyway, I'm finished with your sarcastic non-sense.

... I'm just telling you from my experience, your numbers are WAAAAAAAAY off.

That's what was needed. Number. And you say mine is a "WAAAAAAAY off".

And still no number. What number? Those with some entry problem at destination or those actually returned at airline's expense? That is what someone with experience could tell, not employment history, IDs, security passes scans.

1 a week on my airline in the city I worked. We had anywhere from 1000-2000 seats a day inbound from Japan, depending on the schedule.

1 a week returned?

How many asked to show the proof of return ticket otherwise risking to be sent back? That was my guess, ~100 a day.

What happens when someone is really returned? The airline bears the cost, what happens to the clerk that let that person board the flight? Salary cut? Other kind of trouble at work? That is what you may be able to tell us.

When a passenger checks in, the agent can see the reservation. If there is no return or onward travel, the agent asks if there is proof of travel on another airline. If not, the passenger must have proof of residence or a visa that allows them to live there. If none of those exist, the passenger is unable to board the aircraft.

If the passenger does somehow manage to slip through, which is where my 1 a week comes into play, they are returned back to their country of origin at the airline expense. The airline will demand the passenger pay his travel back but that is not of immigration's concern. The agent may or may not be reprimanded based on their past history. Pay is not part of the reprimand.

When a passenger checks in, the agent can see the reservation. If there is no return or onward travel, the agent asks if there is proof of travel on another airline. If not, the passenger must have proof of residence or a visa that allows them to live there. If none of those exist, the passenger is unable to board the aircraft.

If the passenger does somehow manage to slip through, which is where my 1 a week comes into play, they are returned back to their country of origin at the airline expense. The airline will demand the passenger pay his travel back but that is not of immigration's concern. The agent may or may not be reprimanded based on their past history. Pay is not part of the reprimand.

That is what we are talking about: why are the "agents", staff of a commercial airline are so eager to police passengers.

Maybe, they (the staff) can not suffer financial or other kind of punishment right away, but they can.

Archived