When Does High Season Start Now ?

gobbledonk

Gobbledonk wrote:

“I simply refuse to accept that if a girl charged 500 baht in 1998, then she should be charging 500 baht in 2013â€

My opinion too. Let us make some realistic considerations about the economic and financial situation and development Siam's over the last 15 years.

Let us say

a) the average inflation over the last 15 years was approximately 5% p.a. in Siam

and B)

the average wealth of the Thai population as a whole increased by 25% over the last 15 years.

The girls could ask for double the price for their services with good reason.

That means 500 Baht for ST have become 1000.

1000 Baht for LT nowadays 2000. Roughly. Round about.

But many girls want more; they demand 2500 – 4000 for LT. And they get it!

And prices for drinks in the bars tripled.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last 15 years my budget was about 5000 - 6000 Baht per day for 30 days holidays.

Normally I spent about:

8 days in Bangkok; middle class hotel, mostly Thai food which I like very much

8 days in Pattaya; middle class hotel, mostly Thai food

6 days travelling around in the north or the Isaan; cheap accomodation, cheap food and drinks

8 days on a secluded beach in the south with a girl by my side, cheap bungalow, cheap food and drinks

Today I need round about 12.000 – 15.000 Baht per day to buy the same.

That is why many guys from the western world don't come any more.

The sanuk-scene in Bangkok is too expensive now.

I would like to come now, but due to my apoplectic stroke I can not come. Impossible.

Gobbledonk wrote:

“I dont go into the go-gos and I can usually find a Happy Hour somewhere.â€

Mr. Gobbledonk, that desperate statement is the confession that the normal sanuk-tourist must lower his sights. Normal means = 5000, 6000, 7000 Baht budget.

He can't have any more everything all the time. You have to make concessions once in a while.

The days when you paid for the drinks and the girls from the petty cash are over.

The times one could draw on unlimited resources are gone forever, faded away.

I don't want to cut back my standards of sanuk.

I don't want to “get out of Bangkok†to get cheap drinking prices.

I don't want to make demands on the “happy hourâ€.

I want the whole package Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy and lower Sukumvhit have to offer:

I want to visit Nana Plaza every day when I am in Bangkok.

I want to do my barhopping, I want to drink my beloved Singha beer

I want the pretty stunner in my arms, laughing, flirting with her, spending a lady drink or two,

I want the girl with the biggest tits in a gogo

I want to grope her tits with my greedy, randy hands

I want to enjoy her sweet baby fat

I want to take her to my hotel fucking her all night long until the next midday, till the room service unmistakable and vigorously is knocking at the door.

But now it's raining in my heart and I wish it was yesterday.

Bakwahn

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

My friend, you need to spend a weekend in KL or Jakarta. Hit the clubs, buy the girls drinks and come back and tell us what it all cost you. You may see Bangkok in a very different light. I believe your '5% inflation pa' figure doesnt take into account the rollercoaster that many SE Asian economies have had over the last decade, particularly Thailand and Indonesia. If Flash is right, we could simply be seeing the top of the curve - I wouldnt take any personal pleasure in seeing the Thai economy fall off any sort of cliff, regardless of what it did for my Sanuk budget.

It will never be 1995 again - ever. The reason some girls get 4k baht for the pleasure of their company is simple : supply and demand. Anyone paying that sort of money for the attentions of a woman who doesnt cause jaws to drop (in a good way) has only themselves to blame - there's a reason its dim in those go-gos, and make-up hides an absolute multitude of sins. Farang now have to compete with increasing numbers of Japanese (big spenders) and Indians (ok - not such big spenders - but competition nonetheless).

End of the day, its your money, but 15k baht a day to have a holiday in Bangkok ? If I cant keep it under 8k total per day, I'm in the next taxi to Pattaya. Given that I have no problem being referred to as a 'normal sanuk tourist', I'll even put on my 'Cheap Charlie' t-shirt before i get into the cab ;)

15,000 Baht a day is approx. $500 US dollars...a lot of money to spend in Thailand.

Good hotel in BKK: 1200 / day, I often stay near On Nut and pay 700 for a clean, acceptable room.

Food: almost a non-consideration unless you are eating at the hi-so places.

Drinks: depends, but for the Soi 22 area, even buying a bottle for the ladies working there, 3 ~ 4000

Ladies: my now departed friend would go to China Town and find some nice ladies, 500 Baht; he even had

one coming to his room is she was unemployed some night for 300 Baht. Yes, he took joy in pinching the

Baht.

This is a hot potato...everyone's needs/wants are so different :dunno:

Last night in Soi 11 we had dinner at Charly Brown's, 6 of us. Couple of beers at the Australian bar (name escapes me) from there we went to Levels. Never been before but seems to be a Caucasian heavy night club sort of place. Interesting was that a lot of people were there seemingly enjoying themselves without drinking. But at 250 baht for a small Heineken this seems not too surprising.

Don't know about barfines and LT rates since our 4 girls are all on the strength.

Struck me though that there were a lot of people not paying and not spending.

Last night in Soi 11 we had dinner at Charly Brown's, 6 of us. Couple of beers at the Australian bar (name escapes me) from there we went to Levels. Never been before but seems to be a Caucasian heavy night club sort of place. Interesting was that a lot of people were there seemingly enjoying themselves without drinking. But at 250 baht for a small Heineken this seems not too surprising.

Don't know about barfines and LT rates since our 4 girls are all on the strength.

Struck me though that there were a lot of people not paying and not spending.

Archived