When Does High Season Start Now ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the topic

I refer to the postings of Flashermak, Radioman, Cavanami.

Flashermak writes:

“You can still pick up freelancers in the Nana car park for 1,000 baht, if you try. A friend even got an ST from a cute gal at a small Cowboy bar for 1500 baht not long ago (1,000 for the dancer, 500 for the bar). One need not pay the high prices asked in the fancy gogo bars. Up to you.â€

Cavanami tells about a friend who would go to Chinatown to find a cheap girl.

Radioman reports on new and expensive music clubs on Sukumvhit.

I am an experienced Thailand, Bangkok and Pattaya visitor.

I am aware that the sanuk-scene at lower Sukumvhit is complex, confusing and contradictory.

The gogo bars of Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy and the places where you can meet and find freelancers are full of contradictions.

The scene is illogical, internernally inconsistent.

There are the Nana car park, Soi 4, Soi 3, the infamous Thermae Coffe Shop, the shady, sleazy coffee shop of Grace Hotel,

the expensive and noble places along Sukumvhit, full with freelancers.

You can get LTs for 1000 or 1.500 Baht and 50m further the girls want 3000 or more for LT.

The P4P scene seems to be rather inconsistent and complex.

We all make confusing experiences:

• some bars and many girls demand exorbitant prices for bar fine and long time services (or short time). And those ridiculous prices are paid by many morons and dimwits.

Although there are only few customers and guys looking for sanuk right now: for all I know, it is a low 'high season'.

• Other guys (my German friends) report about Bangkok, that it has never been cheaper for sex and right now there have never been more girls to choose from.

• Bars are closing or suffering: not enough customers and guests; not enough sales, turn-overs. And may girls in the bars are waiting for customers and barfines.

I stop here. Soon starts the “Tatort†("the crime scene"), a popular thriller on German TV.

Greetings to NANA.

Cavanami writes:

“The point is, there is such a wide range and one has to chose “

So let us dive into the good old days when times were much better for sanukers than today and let's indulge in reminiscences.

So guys, let us take a sentimental journey, let us set our hearts at ease, and let us make a sentimental journey to renew old memories.

Never thought my heart could be so yearning. Singha cost 50 - 60 Baht, barfine was 200 – 300 and the girls wanted 500 for ST and 1.000 for LT.

First floor, DC-10 and – left from DC-10 – the bar Sexy Nights were great! These bars exist today. Admittedly they were small, these bars were somewhat shabby,

but had a good atmosphere and vibrations and many friendly and charming girls. It were the girls who made these shabby and run-down bars to the atrium of Paradise.

They were managed by Thai ladies. Those bars had always some nice and sexy girls with good attitude. The prices for beverages were the lowest at Nana,

and the girls wanted to have 1000 Baht long time.

In Sexy Nights I always have been the king of cuddling and fondling; enjoying the girls.

Oh memories, sweet memories.

Later - 1995 /96 - the Hollywood Group conquered the Plaza and opened Hollywood Rock on the groundfloor and Carousel on the second floor and other big bars with hundreds of girls.

Today I watch amateur-made, horribly bad videos from NEP on youtube. I am eating humble pies now.

So I sing along with Bobby Bare and Tom Jones:

I want to go home, oh Lord, I want to go home to Nana Plaza,

And I dreamed about those golden Wats and Chedies,

And I dreamed about that girl,

who have been waitin' for so long,

I want to go home, oh Lord, I want to go home to Nana Plaza.

It's good to touch the green, green grass of home, the Nana Plaza

Yes, they'll all come to meet me, arms reaching, smiling sweetly.

Lady Lek and the girl Nong, Khun Par and the sweet Gail, Nam and Fon,

and there runs Pookie, her hair of gold and lips like cherries.

These girls are the old oak tree I used to play on.

oh, It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

Oh boys ….

Jesus, and I thought I had it bad ..... I think you need to see that carpark in the cold light of day. It's been 21 months since I last set foot in it, and that last trip drove home just what a dump that area is by day - don't even get me started on Cowboy. I know these are nightlife precincts, but I'm afraid I'm really seeing the cracks in plaster a little too often now - doesn't make me miss the good times, but I know it will never be the same.

Patts is bigger, easier to get around on foot if you stay away from Beach Road/Walking St and I can find more to keep me occupied during the day. These things matter to me more than the cost of company - I guess I must be getting old ;)

Archived