Tyson Admits To Being High On Drugs In Major Fights, Using Fake Penis For Tests

Flashermac

Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson has admitted to both being high on drugs during major bouts and to using a fake 'whizzer' penis with someone else's clean urine to avoid detection at tests.

The remarkable and shocking revelations were made in his memoir 'Undisputed Truth' which was published on Tuesday, in which he disclosed startling details of his turbulent career.

'Iron Mike' admitted in the book that he spent most of his career addicted to cocaine and marijuana and described in painstaking detail his ferocious appetite for drink and drugs.

Indeed, Tyson revealed that he began trying cocaine at the age of just 11 and was first given alcohol as a baby in New York.

"I was a full-blown cokehead," Tyson, now 47-years-old and retired, said.

One example cited by Tyson was his fight against Lou Savarese in Glasgow in June 2000 when he confessed he had taken "blow and pot" before the bout and managed to come up with an ingenious method to prevent detection.

"I had to use my whizzer, which was a fake penis where you put in someone's clean urine to pass your drug test," he said.

He blamed a $200,000 fine for testing positive for marijuana after a 2000 fight against Andrew Golota in Detroit on the fact that he was tested before having a chance to get the 'whizzer' from a member of his team as he normally would.

Tyson, the youngest boxer ever to win the WBC, WBA and IBF heavyweight titles, said he had taken copious amounts of cocaine before his now notorious press conference with Britain's Lennox Lewis in New York in January 2002.

"I lost my mind," Tyson recalled of the presser that descended into an onstage brawl. "I looked over at him and wanted to hit the motherf***er."

Tyson, of course, duly bit into one of Lewis's legs as the farce unravelled.

Tyson's days of wild partying had already begun when he faced Britain's Frank Bruno for the first time, in Las Vegas in February 1989, he admitted.

He conceded that he was in such poor shape that "Bruno should have kicked my ass". By the time the pair met again seven years later, Tyson had been convicted of raping Desiree Washington, a contestant of the Miss Black America pageant.

Tyson continues to deny rape and railed against what he claims to be the injustice of his punishment.

Yet, remarkably, he disclosed in the memoir that his sentence was comfortable: he 'ate lobster in prison' and even embarked on an affair with his drugs counsellor among other 'visitors'.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-pugilist/tyson-admits-being-high-drugs-major-fights-using-105721605.html

• 7 months later...