Newbie Type Questions From A Supposedly Oldbie

Wallenda

Coming back to BKK for first time in a few years.

I have always preferred Nana to Cowboy, with Rainbow 4 being a necessary first stop, and only then (if still alone) moving on to other bars.

Just curious what the lay of the land is now, in a nutshell. I mean, does RB4 still have the most of any bar there, and more or less the cream of the crop of young and or hot ones? I don't have much time, so my preference is usually for as close to 18/19 as possible, just because that is something I can get in BKK that I can't get where I usually am. The risk of starfish isn't something that's a big issue for me. What are some other bars that are pretty good now? Last tiime I was there, Baccara was best at Cowboy, with Tilac and Shark also pretty good, but not quite on par with Rainbow at Nana.

And I saw elsewhere that there are quotes of 7000 baht happening? WTF?

What are barfines these days? it was 500 when I was there last. And 2000 was a fairly typical ST price at Nana, maybe 1500 on the low end. They'd quote 3000 for a LT that would really turn into a ST once in your room, god I hate that.

I've always been curious to take a peek at Sapphan Kwai, wonder if anyone has tried that out, and could speak to its quality compared to Nana and Cowboy.

Is that disco under Ambassador hotel still a main pickup spot for FL? That option is a bit too difficult for my taste (it's dark, and I'm not much of a schmoozer or people person) but could be a backup plan.

Don't know about Rainbow 4 but last visit the new Erotica was pretty good, Don't mind Mercury either and Pretty Lady was fun but hear it is closed for renovation. As for Cowboy walk straight through to 23 and visit Crazy House......much better.

600-700for barfines and 2-3 ST 3-4 LT

Late at night plenty of FLs along Suk from Soi3-21 aka The Twighlight Zone and Climax is still open under Ambassador

I have been guiding a friend to Nana and Cowboy in the past week. Cannot remember which bars we visited anymore. He didn't want to barfine, he likes massage better. But I was surprised by the quality of the girls. Many young hot looking ones in all the bars we went to in Nana. Cowboy more older girls, but still ok ones!

After all the negativity I have read in the past few years this came as a pleasant surprise to me!

I have just returned from a 1 month trip that started in Bangkok and agree with the poster that said that Erotica was good. Also Spankys was good and a bar on the 2:nd floor immediately to the right of the escalator. Alas Nana Plaza isn't what it was 15 years ago, and most likely wil never be again.

regards

ALHOLK

OK this all sounds good. Thanks. (congrats on #10,000)

I posted on another forum, same question, and got some good feedback there. Apparently 2000 ST with 600 BF is standard now, or so I'm told. One guy mentioned going back after not having been for a few years and being pleasantly surprised by the volume and quality Nana-wide.

Got one very enthusiastic (and long!) response about Sapphan Kwai. Have always meant to get to that area and check it out. Actually it was the very FIRST red light area I ever visited my first time in Asia. I flew over and got in really late, after 12, and headed to one particular hotel I was set on staying in. It was full. So my taxi driver then offered to take me to a "good hotel" which ended up being all the way up there at Sapphan Kwai. I had no idea where I was. The hotel was nasty and too expensive (1500 as I remember, this in 2000 or so, but for a dirty smelly roach-infested place) and I think it was called Washington. It was not Washington Square down off Sukhumvit. But I noticed in the area (as we drove in) were some of these Thai gogo bars. I was a bit intimidated, and actually was completely virgin then as far as this kind of nightlife goes, had never been with a working girl, so I did not venture in to check them out. But over the years as I heard more about it, and got much more familiar with everything on offer in Thailand, I have always meant to check it out some time.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone here who's been how girls there compare to, say, those in Nana or Rainbow or where ever.

Archived