For Old Times Sake ...

Flashermac

Hogs Breath was the unofficial Bangkok hangout of Major "Global Engineering Company" with HQ in San Francisco, Bob used to have a few photos of some of the projects he had worked on in Middle East in the far right hand corner of the bar.

I actually managed to pick up 3 jobs from there over the years, the last one being well over a decade ago now.

I first met Bob at the time he was purchasing Hogs Breath propping up the bar of an afternoon at Lucky Lukes chewing the ear of Boss Hog circa 1998, Oh happy days

Stone, nice shirt

It was Songkran, and I showed up wearing something else. That something else was very wet. One customer decided to buy out the stock of tropical shirts being hawked by a passing vendor - and that customer suggested that anybody not wearing a suitable shirt should grab one from his new pile. So - I grabbed one that almost fit me. It made sense at the time. The "lady in red" had taken up lodging with me - 2003-2004 - at a place on Suk Soi 8.

Cheers!

SS

I used to stop in there when ever I was in BKK. I liked Bob.

Very nice guy. Met several other guys there and talked a bit, but never did remember names.

One gentleman was working a dam project in Cambodia I believe he said.

Lived kinda in a base camp then would take his time off and wkends in BKK.

Kinda funny how he was talking about piping water uphill then into the turbines.

I miss seeing Bob. The chili was good also. Plus the cold beer.

Archived