Bygone Era Of Bars Gone By

Flashermac

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step by step...first he can check with the US military as to their use of the silver gel, which has FDA approval. Same company

makes the silver water...

I've never seen TheCorinthian in the Texas Lone Staar, or at least I do not remember him ever there, so I wonder if he knew Gator? he is too young to have seen Tony Poe in there...

Huh??? I totally admit we use silver nitrate gel. Have a tube here somewhere. It is a wonderful topical antiseptic, is well proven, and that is not in question. It is your claims of ingested silver curing everything from AIDS, to Cancer, to the common cold I call into question.

As for the Lone Star, I was often there with Al Eberhardt, Dean the author who once lived there, various crews from The Londoner and embassy personal. Mike, you and I met there once at a book signing of Deans in I thin 2009. I met Tony Po at the Royal Sports Club (Also with Al who was a member.) on several occasions in the early 2000s. The last time we met was just after my first trip to Afganistan in early 2002.

Huh??? I totally admit we use silver nitrate gel. Have a tube here somewhere. It is a wonderful topical antiseptic, is well proven, and that is not in question. It is your claims of ingested silver curing everything from AIDS, to Cancer, to the common cold I call into question.

As for the Lone Star, I was often there with Al Eberhardt, Dean the author who once lived there, various crews from The Londoner and embassy personal. Mike, you and I met there once at a book signing of Deans in I thin 2009. I met Tony Po at the Royal Sports Club (Also with Al who was a member.) on several occasions in the early 2000s. The last time we met was just after my first trip to Afganistan in early 2002.

Still don't remember you at the Texas...looks like I'm just having a senior moment :dunno:

I always remember you at the Londoner, which was not my usual stomping ground...I do have a photographic memory,

just crappy recall...

I like the old places that weren't famous, the short time room above Shark Bar with the one way mirror looking out at the second floor dancers, that was awsome, Baccaerra also had a great second floor (1st floor for you yanks) short time.

Thermae when the piss troff had the business card wall above the urinals (they don't even put sliced limes in the urinal anymore!)

The refrigerator boxes that served as short time rooms when the corner of Asoke and Suk was full of bars,

The slightly better short tie room above the bars in Clinton Plaza.

Those 100 or so hotels around Saphon Kway,

And the thousands of "Fairy Light" Loas Karoke brothels that are all over Thailand and always have been.

The Boxing matches at Hillery in Soi 4 that could be bought.

Those are the "old" places most long gone that I like,

The billard tables above Suzie Wong that had a cocktail bar in the corner,

The Yah Dong at the entrance of Cowboy (at least that's still there)

Never a Patpong goer, but I did like how they had the "pasties" in a bowl in the toilet, so you could take some home with you!

And why isn't there a page to all the dance competitions!

Still don't remember you at the Texas...looks like I'm just having a senior moment :dunno:

I always remember you at the Londoner, which was not my usual stomping ground...I do have a photographic memory,

just crappy recall...

Dont worry, I would not remember me either. (It's one of the things that made me so good at my job before I moved into research.)

Either way, I can get the photos a good spot at a new British club on 24 if you are dead set on them being in a bar. People there would know them, too. But it is semi private so you would have to PM me for the details. Otherwise, I would still like to have them if you ever get tired of the things.

I would like to see them in a public place so they can be shared with everyone. I should be to BKK later this month and will try to

have a chat with English Paul to see if he came up with an idea.

I've had the pics for 1 1/2 years, so being the procrastinator that I am...I will get to it...

Like they say, why do something today when you can put it off until tomorrow.

Back in 2008, I went to a go-go in Udon Thani (of all places) which claims to be the oldest still-functioning Thai go-go in existence - I was sure that dubious honor would almost certainly fall to a BKK go-go, but I guess it makes sense. 40 years with very few changes of ownership (or drastic rent rises ..) and - bingo - you've got the oldest go-go in Thailand.

Back in 2008, I went to a go-go in Udon Thani (of all places) which claims to be the oldest still-functioning Thai go-go in existence - I was sure that dubious honor would almost certainly fall to a BKK go-go, but I guess it makes sense. 40 years with very few changes of ownership (or drastic rent rises ..) and - bingo - you've got the oldest go-go in Thailand.

I'd be suspicious of that claim. The GI strip was outside of Udorn and closed down after the US Air Farce based left. I passed by it a short while later, and I half expected to see tumbleweeds blowing among the buildings. (Looked like something out of an early Clint Eastwood spaghetti western.) I went through Udorn a year later and every building in the strip had been torn down. Still, I suppose it could have been a bar that moved into the town. I'd have to ask a friend who was there in 1970-73. He told me he went back to Udorn in 2001 and couldn't recognise anything. New buildings everywhere now and a much bigger city.

The first bar with permanent gogo entertainment was Rick Menard's Grand Prix on Patpong. He closed it in the 1990s, when he moved back to the States. Several bars had featured gogo occasionally before that, and Trink told me the first gogo dancers ever seen in LOS were at the Sani Chateau nightclub near Democracy Monument. But the Sani Chateau rotated its entertainment, and gogo only played there a couple of weeks.

Archived