Mahn Khiaow หมั่นเขี้ยว

gawguy

I've heard this expression forever but I'm trying to translate it more exactly. I usually hear it when a girl squeezes some part of my body and says "mahn khiaow" with a big smile.

I've looked up the words but I still can't make sense of the expression and it's not in thai-language.com dictionary.

Thanks..

GG

Hi,

No idea how to accurately translate it, but it is a bit like "Ooh, you're so cute (I could eat you)!"

And yes, it usually involves bodily harm :)

Sanuk!

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to be something that only women do and say, so I assume its first purpose was to be said while hugging a kid who just did the cutest little thang. One of those cute, girly behaviors, and rare because lady boys don't do it. Like nursing. (Lady boys have very confused relations with children, methinks.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to be something that only women do and say, so I assume its first purpose was to be said while hugging a kid who just did the cutest little thang. One of those cute, girly behaviors, and rare because lady boys don't do it. Like nursing. (Lady boys have very confused relations with children, methinks.)

gawguy

I am getting worried about you my friend, do you have Ladyboys squeezing parts of your body?

Thanks for the input lads! I want to correct something I said before. It's true that it seems that only women say this (and let's forget about ladyboys entirely) but surprising to me and correct me if I'm wrong, it's not true that they say it when hugging a cute child. I was talking to a woman about this yesterday and she was very clear. It is only said between two people in a couple, and (of course?) men aren't silly enough to say it. So women say it when they grab their partner's cute little whatever. Hand? Nose?

I don't know about your culture, but in the US, people, mostly women, delight in squeezing, hugging, pinching cute kids and saying things like, "Isn't he adorable!" I was, and I was on the receiving end all the time from an auntie, grannie, Mom's friends... Perhaps that's what started me down the misbegotten path that stuck me to LOS.

Gaw Guy

Archived