Retiring To The Seaside..of Thailand - Ch4 News Report

Boo Radley

Why the hell do Poms insist on mispronouncing Pattaya ? It's a Thai town with a Thai name - albeit a town dominated by foreigners - I'm happy to pronounce it the same way the Thais do.

I'll die long before I become anyone in that video - including the Swedes in the retirement home. Depressing.

For those who cant get enough of old codgers who think they've landed in Paradise, skip about 5:30 into this vid:

AC makes Pattaya look like 5th Avenue in NYC, and our documentary-maker friend clearly has problems deciphering the broad Aussie accent. The gentleman in question would be lucky to find a drinking buddy at the RSL in Oz - in AC, he seems to be living the life of Riley.

• 2 weeks later...

He keeps pics of his grandkids in the same album as his 'wank bank' - tragic. Jenny deserves a freaking medal, bargirl or no - even as a mail-order bride she could have done better in Oz. Some of the women I see wandering the main street here with decrepit old farmers look like they fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down ;)

Archived