Sign in to follow this  
NongSung

Herring (Haring) In Thailand

Craving for some Dutch food I came across a friendly Dutch guy in Hua-Hin that imports haring from the Netherlands!

Had him send a couple to me in Isaan (by night bus) and man, picked it up at the bus station (still frozen) and an hour later I was in (Dutch) heaven.

White bread from Laos, herring sprinkled with some fine cut onions... wow.

Don't know if anyone is interested and don't know if I can post the link.

Regards,

Nongsung

Hi,

Not a fan of 'haring', but did have a 'broodje gerookte paling' at the Green Parrot last Friday. Not cheap, but totally worth it!

Post the link though I'd say.

Sanuk!

• Like 1

if only he imported frikandellen and kroketten :p

Well, I could suggest that to him, who knows?

Strangely enough out here in rural Vietnam the best western food I can get is at a place called "Dutch Hotel". As the name says it is a Hotel with a Dutch twist, the Vietnamese owners spent many years in the Netherlands before returning to Vietnam a couple of years ago and opening the place.

I like the Gehakbellen and the Slavink always preceded by a bowl of Snert and a couple of slices of wentelteffjes

• Like 1

Well, I could suggest that to him, who knows?

there is a Dutch bar in Huahin that serves frikandellen and kroketten, hence someone must import it :)

I know, the owners of the green parrot had partnered with a belgium guy whom did it. But there was a foulup somewhere along the line and now they are barely available. I used to buy them by the box from them :p

so heering is eaten in the nordics, germany & NETHERLANDS, but NOT the UK am I right?

thus quite many restaurants to source from e.g. in bkk stable lodge sukumviot soi8 :)

there is 'frikadeller' too :))