The Rise And Rise Of The Kiwi ....

gobbledonk

Virtually in lockstep with the (entirely predictable) fall in the value of our own Pacific Peso - the NZD has gone from strength to strength over the last 6 months or so. Converting to kip, I estimate that coss is now a gazillionaire in his adopted country :D

(3.5 months, cossie, and I'll be spending money in LOS like a drunken sailor - I seem to recall you spent a couple of weeks reacqauinting yourself with a few barstools when you got off the plane ;) )

Hey, gobble, are you resurrecting your countdown thread? :cover:

Just kidding. Hopefully you've prepped with some Thai lessons under your belt by now?

Cheers mate.

No more countdown thread - that thing seemed to mock me, making my departure date seem further away with each week.

As for learning Thai, there isnt much call for that on PENANG :D

(Granted, I havent put much time into Bahasa either - realised I need to get the pronunciation right or I'll be like the Poms who cant even pronounce Pattaya properly)

It's time he did. Getting near(ish) now. We should be hearing about all the interesting stuff he's preparing and getting ready for the all important questions, where is Thermae, how much for nom yai girls, what is ST etc.

I do know where Thermae is, but given that I'm not Japanese there really isnt much point, is there ? ;)

Let me remind my critics - or rather those who still have issues with the idea of life in a predominately Muslim country - that no-one in Malaysia gives a hoot what color t-shirt you wear. OK - fluoro pink with bike shorts may not be the best choice, but even then I doubt that most Chinese-Malaysians would care either way. Roll on April.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Virtually in lockstep with the (entirely predictable) fall in the value of our own Pacific Peso - the NZD has gone from strength to strength over the last 6 months or so. Converting to kip, I estimate that coss is now a gazillionaire in his adopted country :D

(3.5 months, cossie, and I'll be spending money in LOS like a drunken sailor - I seem to recall you spent a couple of weeks reacqauinting yourself with a few barstools when you got off the plane ;) )

Great travels mate.

You lucky bugga.

Kiwi.