Hua Hin - Good Choice?

pe7e

HH is alright. Just remember HM has the palace there so while things may be available, it is not in your face.

Go to the website huahinafterdark<dot>com. They are a pretty reasonable lot over there, just ask nicely and you will get an answer.

Just FYI, have been a member of the website since 2002.

I enjoyed Hua Hin.

Much smaller and laid back then Pattaya.

Good reasonable places to stay and dine.

There is a modest night life.

Agree with suggestion of Hua Hin After Dark. Very informative.

Found everything I wanted in Hua Hin. But then again, I don't want much.

I'd retire in Hua Hin in a heartbeat. But I have too much baggage.

I am not saying that HH is full of 60 year old hags but don't expect to find an 18 - 21 year old stunner there ....

Mr Mekong ,

these your words do indeed mislead the community as well as they show lack of respect for elderly people . I am not sure on what sort of qualification you base your statement but should it have something to do with human relations probably taking place on a mattress you are entirely wrong .

Just a thought .

Hua Hin is a compromise on almost every level in my opinion. If you can live with that then fine but whilst part of me likes it, I constantly feel as though other places offer what you really want.

Perhaps though that is the attraction, that it has a bit of everything rather than excelling at any one thing.

Interesting replies, thanks to all who have contributed, I think I will defiantly take an extended holiday there before I commit myself elsewhere. Initially I will probably check in to Pattaya, purely because I am very familiar with the place, and can use it as a base from which to explore other locations. If money was no object I would move into Bangkok, I love the place, but it costs a small fortune to live the good life there IMO. Does anyone have any views on Chiang Mai and Udon Thani as a destination, are they worth exploring

IMHO I visit Udon on occasion from the Glorious People's Democratic Republic of Idiocy, henceforth known as the GPDRI, and though I've only seen the place in passing, there was a very nice mall, a good hotel and some great street food. I didn't see the night life as I was accompanied.

My only thoughts are :

Inland town, no river or beach or so (but Nong Khai and Laos are only 1 hour away).

Many of the falangs I see in the very nice mall, seem to be of the old singlet, ragged shorts and dirty flip flop (jandals in NZ) variety. All with attendant hangovers. I apologize if I offend any board members, but I cannot think that any members of this great board were amongst the bar sweepings that I've seen.

IMHO againilly, Nong Khai is a possibility, limited night life, small town, but closed to Udon and Laos. Actually quite a charming place.

bkk has a budget for everyone...just pick your district wisely & can easily compete with HH example ;)

that said CM, KK or any other bigger city would be nice too I imagine...just source your girl away from the (limited) night spots e.g. online & you wont be lonely too much...

Archived