Here We Go ... The Shutdown Thread

Flashermac

Giant net used to protect tents behind Prathuwan stage

A giant net has been put up to cover tents behind Pathumwan stage reportedly for safety concerns. The net was put up following a spate of attacks against demonstrators of the People's Democratic Reform Committee.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Giant-net-used-to-protect-tents-behind-Prathuwan-s-30225272.html

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Yon

Artists are turning against the Yingluck government.

The inventory of groups who have turned against what is left of this government is long and distinguished. Tonight famous artists have assembled yet again at the Childom stage.

I am not sure what is more damaging to the government. The loss of support from rice and other farmers is a huge hit. Not only did the government lose farmers' support -- farmers have begun active resistance. PDRC is also very powerful with its passive resistance. And now the artists -- when a country's artists turn against the government, there will be a price to pay for the Prime Minister. Two separate and powerful Buddhist groups are passively resisting, as is KPT and other groups. All of these groups, who sometimes are at odds with each other, are actively supporting each other to oust the Thai government.

At this rate, the jungle animals will soon turn against the government.

This government is a dead man walking.

Charn Issara chief as protester - and media critic

Charn Issara Development Plc chairwoman Srivara Issara turned heads on November 28 when she led her own anti-government march down Petchburi Road, but she's hardly a rookie at revolution, she tells Who? magazine

Srivara has long been a regular at political rallies, just never in the spotlight. This time, though, she was the bright beacon for others, mobilising people on the social media and leading them in procession from a speaker truck.

"Are you a protest leader?" she's duly asked. Srivara wouldn't call herself that because she doesn't put sacrifice as much as the recognised leaders. "I'd just call myself a pioneer for the Petchaburi community in rallying against the Thaksin regime," Srivara says, referring to the neighbourhood where her business is based, in the Issara Building.

As to the surprise her presence on the front line caused, she too was surprised to see so many people joining her on the street. She'd only just put the word out the day before the march. She had a meeting with friends and staff and then distributed leaflets before going home. "The social media played a major role," she acknowledges.

Srivara says her political stance results from careful study of the issues and never any hearsay claims. "I have my primary sources and I always cross-check the information." Her judgement matches the slogan of fellow protester Soda boutique - "Now or never". The Thaksin era must end.

Her involvement has left her open to criticism, and some of it has been distorted. Srivara gave a long interview to a Reuters reporter during the march in the hope, she said, of countering misinformation that Thaksin's lobbyists feed the foreign media. "But, sad to say, the reporter twisted my words and wrote that the march was an extension of Charn Issara's corporate-responsibility programme!"

The same reporter interviewed Chitpas "Tant" Kridakorn, Petch Osathanugrah and her daughter-in-law Palawi, Srivara says, and came up with a story about class warfare. The headline was "High society hits the streets as prominent Thais join protests". Srivara had told the |newshound that the protesters came from all walks of life - she'd personally surveyed many of them to find out where they came from and how they earned a living.

"I was impressed with one group from upcountry - they'd shared the transportation costs to join the rally." She found that Chiang Mai people were quite proud to declare where they were from. "They said the majority there is against Thaksin but they dare not voice their opposition because the red shirts are quite aggressive." Srivara told the Reuters reporter that many businesspeople similarly dislike the government but dare not say so for fear of official blowback.

She says the reporter was aware of vote-buying and high-placed persons influencing elections in the rural areas. She asked him whether he called that democracy? None of this made it into the published story. "As media ethics go, reporters shouldn't be biased or take any side, but I've found that the newspapers and TV fail to report the news impartially."

The only way to get the full picture is to talk to a lot of different sources, Srivara says. If you limit your investigation to just one or two sources, you're bound to get a distorted view of the facts.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/Charn-Issara-chief-as-protester--and-media-critic-30225149.html

Michael Yon

Artists are turning against the Yingluck government.

The inventory of groups who have turned against what is left of this government is long and distinguished. Tonight famous artists have assembled yet again at the Childom stage.

I am not sure what is more damaging to the government. The loss of support from rice and other farmers is a huge hit. Not only did the government lose farmers' support -- farmers have begun active resistance. PDRC is also very powerful with its passive resistance. And now the artists -- when a country's artists turn against the government, there will be a price to pay for the Prime Minister. Two separate and powerful Buddhist groups are passively resisting, as is KPT and other groups. All of these groups, who sometimes are at odds with each other, are actively supporting each other to oust the Thai government.

At this rate, the jungle animals will soon turn against the government.

This government is a dead man walking.

I er cannot expose my work on this venue due to various "considerations" :hubbahubba: but as an artist I too an making alot of political images that relate to the current fascist /statist regime in Ahmmrikkka. Many international regimes are trying to keep it all upright but its tottering...

Yesterday Surapong came out and threatened all the artists with Jail and fines if they continue to perform ..... their reaction:

tulsathit â€@tulsathit 10m

Actress Yanee kinda impersonated Yingluck at anti-govt rally. (in Thai) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHRTwslf7g …

tulsathit â€@tulsathit 17m

Reports: Actors and actresses responded to threat to "summon" them by swarming an anti-govt stage last night.

Correct Flash- but the banksters are teetering with their fiat games.

Batten down the hatches.

Forbes had interesting article on the Thai economy will try and re- find and post

Bascially another bust in the offing

Who knows but the ASIAN understand AU AND THATS WHAT IT WILL COME DOWN TO IMHO

:dunno:

Thaksins hand in bandages in a Singapore hotel taken today lol it is a news article on yahoo, so can open no probs :p

tulsathit â€@tulsathit 38s

Has he punched a mirror or something? RT @ohohcita: TS in Singapore. http://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/thailand-39-former-prime-minister-thaksin-shinawatra-sports-photo-121217142.html … h/t to @JohnEnglish73 pic.twitter.com/d6YbyJCTxC

Archived