What Is Going On In Bangkok Nightlife?

Nasiadai

For me, actually I don't care much - I'm one of those assholes who comes in from a pretty good overseas gig with RnR, for a few days of wild abandon, throws my baht around like a jackass, then heads back out ......

YimSiam

I proudly join your jackass concept ; I may repeat for the 10.000 th time : if you like it somewhere don't move there for ever .

When oil prices dropped during the summer months (June, July till the present time), the dollar started to appreciate against most major currencies.

This is because the price of oil is in US $. It is interesting to note that the US $ has not appreciated as much against the Thai baht than say the Malaysian Ringgit or the Singapore dollar. Today, the US $ is about 32 baht versus 40 something after 1997. It was as low as 52 to the US $.

Yes, Pantip Plaza is not the same as years ago and I believe it has to do with modern technology. People use laptops and tablets which are very hard to

upgrade. Movies can easily to downloaded for free.

I have not made my way to NEP and Soi Cowboy to comment but will in the coming days.

The Euro nose-dived against the dollar the moment the announcement came out.

Whis is what they wanted to happen . The export industry is jumping with joy , BuBi is sad . Side effect is that purchasing in China needs more attention , more and more products are too expensive now if you consider unreliability and quality issues .

more and more products are too expensive now if you consider unreliability and quality issues .

... and so we return to the earlier points made about beer, barfine and ST/LT rates currently prevailing in Bkk... and note the profound parallels between sanuk in LOS and Chinese manufacturing.

YimSiam