What Is Going On In Bangkok Nightlife?

Nasiadai

A preliminary note; a few words on my own account:

I could not come to Siam for some years now, because I had an apoplectic stroke with devastating consequences in December 2012.

The right half of my body is severely paralyzed.

I cannot move my right leg freely; I limp.

I cannot move my right arm. The fingers of my right hand are completely paralyzed.

I can use my computer, mouse and keyboard just with the fingers of the untrained left hand.

I beg your indulgence.

My plan is to come back to Bkk in November 2014.

A few comments to the ongoing discussion:

Well, guys, your answers don't satisfy me.

Local expats are old and tired now after about 20 years of posting here on this board.

That's ok. I can understand that. Besides they are a small minority only.

But where are all those guys who have been posting for so many years?

Guys like me who have been coming to Thailand for more than 20 years; once or twice a year.

Why don't discuss younger guys and post their adventures and experiences here on this board?

Boys who have been coming for 2 or 4 or 6 years to Siam?

Other boards are dead too. Bkktonite doesn't exists any more. It was very lively.

There are 2 very lively german bords. But their focus is clearly on Pattaya.

Only boards that have the focus on Pattaya are lively.

Why?

I make it as short as possible:

My thesis:

Bangkok nightlife is too expensive now for most guys of the western world.

Today you need round about 280 to 300 US-Dollars per day to buy the same as 10 or 12 yeras ago.

10 or 12 years ago you needed about 130 to 150 Dollars for a day full of sanuk. Roughly.

* A middle class hotel room

* daily food and drink

* mobility (taxi, tuk tuk, sky train etc.)

* afternoon fun (Biergarten or doing some sightseeing)

* in the evening: barhopping with drinks, lady drinks etc.

* Barfine

* a girl for the night

Any arguments?

I could not come to Siam for some years now, because I had an apoplectic stroke with devastating consequences in December 2012.

I cannot move my right arm. The fingers of my right hand are completely paralyzed.

I can use my computer, mouse and keyboard just with the fingers of the untrained left hand.

I beg your indulgence.

get well first and when you get here, dont count the money !!!!!

Hi Nasi - yeah maybe more expensive than prior and less mysterious, nonetheless Thailand is an exotic locale with a liberal environment. Not militantly communist or muslim like some of it's neighbors - and it will always hold some appeal. Yes, the mystery may have diminished and the web is partially to blame for that (including us) - but I'm skeptical that it's in a state of decline.

Sure, some long for nostalgia from their own past, and that's just something people do. But is Thailand as a destination in a state of decline?

Nope. Can one find adventure, an exotic environment there, and beautiful women....

Yep.

Is it fucked up, jaded, and more mercenary than the past?

Yep.

So... yeah. Whatever. Navigate accordingly. But still a very appealing and raw place, pulsating with life stripped of the excessive pretentious layers piled on in the West. It's a place where some go to die, some go to live, some go to just.....

????????

Personally, I love it.

Edit: Ps - I'm relatively a new guy, and they don't post as much because it's all been said. And having bar girls on my facebook page (which I don't even fucking use) would likely cost me job opportunities.

But still, I love Thailand for the mix of beauty and ugly, right there in front of you. Where in the West one needs to peel through layers of facade to get at what something really is.

Then again - who the fuck knows.

get well first and when you get here, dont count the money !!!!!

BelgianBoy,

when it comes to sanuk ---> I never pay attention to money!

But nowadays barhopping, lady drinks, barfines and girls are very expensive, compared with former times.

The days when you paid for the drinks and the girls from your petty cash are over.

The times one could draw on unlimited resources are gone forever, faded away.

But I don't want to cut back my standards of sanuk.

So I take a little more money with me.

I want the whole package Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy and lower Sukumvhit have to offer:

I want to visit Nana Plaza every night when I am in Bangkok.

I want to do my barhopping, I want to drink my beloved Singha beer.

I want the pretty stunner in my arms, laughing, flirting with her, spending a lady drink or two.

I want the girl with the biggest tits in a gogo.

I want to grope her boobies with my greedy, randy hands.

I want to enjoy her sweet baby fat.

I want to take her to my hotel room, fucking her, enjoying her all night long until the next midday, till the room service unmistakable and vigorously knocks at the door.

But now it's raining in my heart and I wish it was yesterday.

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

formely PC-Support and Networkadministration

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

JaiRai,

I fully agree with you what you write about Thailand.

Yes, it is a fantastic country with nice and friendly people; and a little curious are the Thais too.

You can experience anywhere in Siam interesting adventures.

Navigate accordingly. But still a very appealing and raw place, pulsating with life stripped of the excessive pretentious layers piled on in the West. It's a place where some go to die, some go to live, some go to just.....

That is exactly what I am doing. And you describe just my opinion of Siam.

But nevertheless, let us dive into the good old days when times were much better for sanuk than today and let's indulge in reminiscences.

So guys, let us take a sentimental journey, let us set our hearts at ease, and let us make a sentimental journey to renew old memories.

Never thought my heart could be so yearning.

Singha cost 50 - 60 Baht, barfine was 200 – 300 and the girls wanted 500 for ST and 1.000 for LT.

First floor, DC-10 and – left from DC-10 – the bar Sexy Nights were great! These bars exist today. Admittedly they were small, these bars were somewhat shabby,

but had a good atmosphere and vibrations and many friendly and charming girls. It were the girls who made these shabby and run-down bars to the atrium of Paradise.

They were managed by Thai ladies. Those bars had always some nice and sexy girls with excellent attitude. The prices for beverages were the lowest at Nana,

and the girls wanted to have 1000 Baht long time.

In Sexy Nights I always have been the king of cuddling and fondling; enjoying the girls.

Oh memories, sweet memories with good old Tom Jones:

Nana Plaza, my green green grass of home.

Ohhh, I want to go home, oh Lord, I want to go home to Nana Plaza,

And I dreamed about those golden Wats and Chedies,

And I dreamed about those girls,

who have been waitin' for so long.

It's good to touch the green, green grass of home, the Nana Plaza

Yes, they'll all come to meet me, arms reaching, smiling sweetly.

Lady Lek and the girl Nong, Khun Par and the sweet Gail, Nam and Fon,

and there runs Pookie, her hair of gold and lips like cherries.

These girls are the old oak tree I used to play on.

It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

Oh boys ….

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

formely PC-Support and Networkadministration

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

I beg your indulgence.

Hope you get over it. I have a friend who recovered quite a bit from his stroke with time. We'll hold the fort for you.

I think the younger guys are going to Pattaya more often these days. Seems to be an older crowd in Soi Cowboy now, but you still can have a good time there if you stick to the established bars and pass up the glitzy ones with the stunning "bait" outside.

On the positive side, the baht is weakening some. It's about time it did!

A few comments to the ongoing discussion:

[snip]

But where are all those guys who have been posting for so many years?

Guys like me who have been coming to Thailand for more than 20 years; once or twice a year.

Why don't discuss younger guys and post their adventures and experiences here on this board?

Boys who have been coming for 2 or 4 or 6 years to Siam?

[snip]

My thesis:

Bangkok nightlife is too expensive now for most guys of the western world.

Today you need round about 280 to 300 US-Dollars per day to buy the same as 10 or 12 yeras ago.

10 or 12 years ago you needed about 130 to 150 Dollars for a day full of sanuk. Roughly.

Taking inflation into account, that 280 to 300 is about the same as 130 to 150 ten to twelve years ago. I don't think that's the issue.

What I saw happening, over a period of about a year, a few years ago, was some VERY unpleasant treatment of those guys you talk about, to the point that they said "Posting on Thai360 isn't sanuk anymore, and life is too short to do things that aren't sanuk." Take a look at the responses to some of the last Trip Reports.