After Hours Bars

unit731

Are there still 'After Hour' bars?

After all bars close - go to a nondescript doorway - enter and there is a full bar/go-go/night entertainment - that goes on to the wee hours of the morning.

On an early trip - the guide book stated Patpong. So off we went. All bars closed at 2:00 AM I think. So outside - after leaving bar - this Thai 'tout' approached us and asked if we wanted some more entertainment.

And off we went down these dark side streets to a doorway with no sign. A tad nervous to enter - but once door opened - the place was packed with gals, punters, farangs, and now us.

Just wondering if these after hours places still exist.

Suk between Soi 3 and 21 is fall of street bars. Just avoid the ones full of Nigerians or katoeys. Lot of girls from NP and SC go there to try and pic up one last customer for the night. There used to be a Kareoke bar in soi4 above Swann Restaurant that opened till very late but not sure about any others.

Are there still 'After Hour' bars?

Once during some Thai holiday I had a similar experience (2007 I think), got whisked off to some place that sounds just like you describe. We started at Soi cowboy if I remember right, which to our disappointed surprise was all closed up that night. We got taken by a tout somewhere up in the vicinity of petchaburi road, or up that way, I remember the place had a big parking lot in front of it. Prices were inflated since they knew we were a captive audience, nowhere else to go, far from any other options. The quality of the girls was not too tempting. A steep dropoff between plan a and plan b. One beer and we left. Was this place thrown together just to snag tourists during a Thai holiday? No idea. But it looked like a real bar at least, though you could easily imagine it was just some dead hole in the wall normally, with the female staff moved in for special occasions. Or maybe not.

I'd think. If you wandered around Soi cowboy at 2am looking lost, you'd probably start hearing offers from drivers (if these places do exist).

The "hours" have become so liberal again that you don't need to go into a shady little place, 'cause there's half a dozen big clubs open til 4 or 6 am. Basically a mix of working women and punters, in the near-dark, very intoxicated - the variations are, e.g., more Indian guys, little more upscale, few more katoeys, etc. Spicy, Bash, Mixx, and a number of others going to at least four, some later.

Look for Bangkok after hours clubs reviews online, and you'll find a number of rundowns. They can be a lot of fun, or total disaster - especially on weekends, the crowds can be ridiculous, and the guy-girl ratio dismal. And lots of those girls, aren't.

Look for Bangkok after hours clubs reviews online, and you'll find a number of rundowns. They can be a lot of fun, or total disaster - especially on weekends, the crowds can be ridiculous, and the guy-girl ratio dismal. And lots of those girls, aren't.

Thanks for the update.

Some of the nubies think that once the bars close - that's it.

Definitely, adventures to be had in the late night scene on occasion! The challenge is perhaps the fun - is she a top-shelf gogo girl or even GTG out late, or does the lighting just obscure the pool table to look that way?! Well, okay, at Swing that's a risk. But yeah, in some ways, the action is best after close - and in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hong Kong, etc, the party can go straight thru.

My last visit to Swing was a couple of weeks ago. Did notice there was a distinct drop in the number of Nigerians from my previous visit. Had a girl from Strikers accompany me so wasn't really paying much attention to the talent available. I heard Spicey is now closed. That a fact?

Left Swing around 930 this morning - was just asking my friend why there were so many Africans, seemed like there was sort of a floater for each group or table - over-staffing, I'd say, rationalization waiting to happen for the right entrepreneur someday! I got there around seven maybe - mild crowd, 'talent' is a strong word but at least more females than males! Majority of the crowd was Thais out for the party - I wonder if the Suthep Effect is causing lots of people to say, what the hell, do we really want to work tomorrow?!

But wow, holy shit, there was some serious flotsam and jetsam in there too, looked like they'd pasted their faces together out of cut up bits of magazines - cubist human life. Ah, Thailand

So yes, still after hours out there, but it's certainly not everybody's cup of tea.

Rong Muang, Soi 1 - taxi drivers around the nightlife areas around and after close know "Spicy" or "Rong Muang 1", as they get a commission for bringing a customer to most of the afterhours places, Spicy/Swing included. Or you can pay for the ride if there's confusion, it's not too much. Basically out past National Stadium from Nana, close.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gl=us&sig=ntJ&ie=UTF-8&q=Spicy+Nightclub&fb=1&cid=992626768788113596&ei=8iXxUu-PJYWQrgfEhYDQBw&ved=0CAkQ5xg

Archived