Soi 4 Bars

once a cowboy

Hi Guys

I've not seen many recent posts on Soi 4 bars so I thought I'd add my two satangs worth of comment.

My personal current favourites are Strikers, Stumble Inn and Zen with all these bars trying to add something different to the bars in the soi that have become same same copycats over the past year or so, i.e. big open bars playing the same music and showing the same sport on tv screens.

Strikers has a great layout, happy fun bar girls, diverse music and coyote dancers adding its differential factor. Zen also has a good selection of fun girls and a band playing in the evening as its 'plus factor', and Stumble has good drink promotions, food, a fine line up of bar girls and live acoustic music at the weekend.

So these are my favourites, what are yours?

What's the one called on the pavement just in front of the Nana Hotel sign? Not so much a bar in the usual sense as a collective, I suppose. Some very striking, buxom women available, and no bar fine! This must be how it was EVERYWHERE in the good old days...

YimSiam

Welcome to the board OAC. I concur with your opinion of Strikers. Without doubt the best bar on Soi4 by a country mile. Girls are friendly not pushy, there is plenty of room and different areas on different levels. Good pool tables, menu is ok and quick service, coyote are entertaining. The tequila shots are fair enough. If they entertain you why not show your appreciation. Not sure what the deal is with the Subway. They definately have got the best formula along the soi. I also like the fact you can have a conversation without having to yell, music level is just right.

I'll stick with Golden Bar - no-one hassles me, no distractions from loud sports on the TV or people playing pool, and it has the single best location on the Soi. Throw in cheap(er) beer prices and I'm sold. The clientele might be a bit of a motley crew, but I don't bother them and they ignore me - win-win.

• Like 2

This is an interesting topic. I found Bar4 one of the worst on the soi. Had 2 or 3 drinks there once in the afternoon and once in the evening. Girls generally unatractive day and night and looked disinterested. I am no Brad Pitt but consider myself ok.Pesty service staff who barely served you your drink before they repeatedly kept checking to see if it was empty and music excessively loud. The bloke always propped at the entry had a look like he'd just lost a million dollars that didn't belong to him. Can't say I will be rushing back. Hillary 4 I enjoyed. Good girls but service somewhat pushy. Can't comment about any of the others mentioned. 4x2

I will gather a posse to come and harass you next time you are there.... :neener:

I'm like the Phantom - look for a guy wearing purple underwear, riding a horse and trailed by a wolf. When I think about it, Soi 4 may well be one of the few places in Asia where such a combination wouldnt raise too many eyebrows ;)

• Like 1

<< During one of the "red shirt" riot scenes in Bangkok on 13th April 2009, when a gas truck was hijacked and red shirts threatened to release its flammable contents in Din Daeng, an unknown individual emerged as Batman. The super hero was able to divert the attention of the protesters, opening an opportunity for the rescue team to retrieve the gas truck. >>

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEZA_gRkRw0