Sign in to follow this  
Flashermac

Grains Of Salty Truth

Not a chemist but schooled a bit in chemistry.

Can make other things with graphite and some platinum...

I was quite shocked that the doctors/nurses were aware of the value of ozone water, especially in LOS.

One never knows :dunno:

The Water Ozonator by SOTA is designed to produce a glass of fresh ozone water for drinking, to increase oxygen content of the water and give a fresher taste. Independent laboratory tests show the SOTA Water Ozonator "sterilizes drinking water that is heavily contaminated with several different micro organisms."*

The SOTA Water Ozonator is portable as it operates using 12 Volts. Ozone output is greater than 200 mg/Hr.

Sharing your Experience with the SOTA Products helps others.

>>

So is this putting ozone or oxygen into the water

I often drink water with carbon dioxide dissolved in it, pressurized. A lot of this gas can be harmful but the amount that is in seltzer water is harmless.

So is this putting ozone or oxygen into the water

Unless this device is connected to a tank of o3 (which would be hard with out some other stuff in the tank to keep the ozone ozone as o3 QUICKLY degrades back to simple o2 ) it is not making ozone. Making ozone with electricity at normal pressures either takes some catalysts which are rather expensive and tend to poison you and a LOT of electricity or it can be done with electricity and a shit ton more of current.

With out seeing one, I suspect this thing is just making oxygenated water like a fish tank bubbler. Which would be easier to make (and cheaper) by putting your water in a bottle and shaking it a good bit. Either way, a lot of o2, like a lot of co2, in a drink are not really going to do any thing for you but flavor enhancement and make you burp.

I occasionally buy a bottle of VOSS @ $7.00 . Empty bottle makes a great lolly jar. I usually fill them with M&Ms

post-6949-0-08878700-1395791417_thumb.jpg