Anglo Singapore International School Bangkok ?

radioman

Anyone know anything about this place? A friend has a potential position offer there as a PhysEd and swimming teacher. Their request for documents indicates a starting salary of US$4500/month plus accom. 2 year renewable contract. She is from P.I. but has previously worked in Hong Kong and a couple of middle east countries. She is both properly qualified, not just from P.I., and also experienced in her job.

I'm not aware of any scam involving offering teachers jobs but hey, TIT right.

Anything to be querying the school about?

Cheers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The supplied info also stated 2 months paid leave and the bit that had us scratching our heads and wondering, that the school week is Sunday to Thursday. That's just really strange for Thailand, outside of maybe Pattani I guess.

Thanks guys. we're checking it out a bit more and she's waiting on an email to explain the working week and a few other details before she sends her documents. I would presume a place like this plays straight with the visa and work permit needs so probably nothing to be concerned about on that score.

No, visa and WP have high priority. I doubt she would have to worry there, but some smaller "international schools" have been known to hire people promising all the legal documents, and then never come through with them. The teacher gets through the school year on a 90-day visa and extensions - then is fired at the end of the school year! The school thus saves having to pay them over the term break and the teacher is screwed out of 3 months' pay.