Anglo Singapore International School Bangkok ?

radioman

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks folks. Certainly from the website the impression would be this is more than some dodgy "International" fly by night outfit and they ofer minimum 2 year contracts which I guess cuts some of the potential for losing out with the 90 day visa scam.

Good point Mekong, I can imagine it coming as quite a shock to some when Thailand starts filling up with a great number of neighbouring nationals. Then again I can quite imagine Thailand coming up with some bizarre hurdles designed to frustrate many job seekers. Will the restricted work list prevail? It might well see some significant additions.

From all I know, very little admittedly, it seems Thai teaching salaries outstrip those in the PI about 3:1.

Flash

My Point completely schools will prefer to hire Pionys (who are quite fluent in English) for 66% of Salary and not the problems of securing Visa's and WP's for them.

When ASEAN opens up Jan 1 2015 it will have major repercussions all over SE Asia, even here in VN they are gearing up for it http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Thai-language-fever-stirs-in-Vietnam-30228789.html

Thailand needs to wake up, Vietnam has overtaken TH in Rice Export market and are now planning on taking over the job market. PTT and QPI (Qatar Petroleum International) are investing US$33 Billion into an Oil Refinery down in Long Som, close to Vung Tao about 30 Minutes from HCMC.

Now when Thailand's Flagship Oil & Gas Company decides to make investments in other ASEAN nations rather than the home market it should be a wake up call to the nation.

As a footnote, PTT and QPI have headhunted me, I have worked for both companies in the past, 2 years Detailed Engineering In TH followed by at least 2 years in Long Som on site, I do have Vietnamese TRC (Temporary Residence Card) and Thai Work Permit, not many Western engineers have both :D

• 3 months later...

I hope that will make you check further as my partner was offered a job as an English teacher today. My senses smelled a rat. Did some checking and ended up here.

Its a scam beware

Please beware that the followings accounts:

http://anglosingapore.ac.th/news/applicants-beware/

anglosingapore.th@gmail.com

anglosingapore.ac.th@gmail.com

are being used by someone to impersonate Anglo’s head of human resources. Rak Pattama is a fraudulent name and Head of HR is a fraudulent position. Whoever is sending these emails is acting illegally to victimize individuals into sending money for applications. We kindly suggest you do not respond to any such emails. We have notified the authorities and are doing what we can to prevent such activity in the future. Please note that Anglo Singapore is not liable for any transactions conducted by this individual or by any other person not employed by the school.

Sorry for some reason my computer will not let me type in English here. Just don't fall victim to the this scam

these are the bank details that they sent to us

BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS:You should deposit the money by handling the money to the cashier in the bank to deposit the amount to the provided bank account details on your behalf. Below is the bank account details for the deposit of visa processing

fee: ************************************************************

*************BANK NAME: Kasikornbank Public Company LimitedACCOUNT NAME:

Rungnapapen PhokaotonACCOUNT NUMBER: 9702346166ADDRESS: 177 Ramkhamhaeng Rd. Huamark, Bangkapi Bangkok 10240 Bangkok ThailandSWIFT CODE:

KASITHBKXXXEXPECTED AMOUNT: US$970 (Nine Hundred & Seventy United State Dollars).**************************************************************************Important

conditions:-You MUST put the applicants SURNAME as REFERENCE on the deposit/transfer. Otherwise we cannot match the payment to the applicant.-Submit a copy of the deposit slip/transfer slip with the application-Visas will not be processed until the payment shows in our account on our online statement-If you transferred from another bank, the payment can take 2-4 days to clear our account.-Payment and application must be made in the same month. Payment will NOT be accepted if made in previous month. (Example: payment cleared 31 Aug, applying for visa on 1 September. Payment will have to be made again in that case)The Thailand immigration Bureau may take decision on your application based on the information contained here without interviewing you. Therefore, it is better you explain why you don't have a document than to submit a false document in its place. If you submit a false document, it will adversely affect your application and your details and document may be passed to the law enforcement agency in your residing country.We will commence the full processing of your entry visa as soon as we receive the required documents along with the scanned copy of the payment deposit invoice receipt issued by the bank cashier for confirmation as proof of payment.*

This is their bank details

Yes, certainly a scam, I did speak to two people at ASIS and they were very nice about it but made clear it is certainly a scam. The date on that webpage is a short time after I'd spoken to them I recall.

I saw a document similar to the one you posted here above, could have been identical but I don't recall a sum mentioned at that time. US$970 for a visa processing fee sounds plenty steep. Would think that with a bank, branch, account name and number it should be a simple step on to locate at least one involved.