what about working as a tour guide

This all sounds very complicated. I thank everyone for their advice. I'm quit a ways off from having three million baht, or even one million.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the registrations can be complicated unless you have good advisors or you study up on it.

As for saving $, stick $1,000 away every month and you'll have aprox 3 million baht in 5 years.

If 1,000 is too much for you, put $500 away every month and you'll should reach your goal in aprox 10 years.

$500 a month is too much? Go $250 a month and you'll reach Bangkok in 16 years!

Not to confuse you more or take away your dream, but the Amity could be banned in 2005 so if you are not grandfather in, you do have a chance that you miss it. On the otherhand the Thais may just drop their restrictions for employment than( FAT chance :-) )

Well unless I get an unexpected windfall I don't see how this can work for me. I've been able to save $500 a month without really trying, I suppose If I try to save money I could bump that up to $750. If I get a part time job maybe I could put away $1000 a month. I'm not going to wait 5 years though. My plan is to save up for 1 1/2 to 2 years untill I have enough to stay in Thailand for an entire year. Then once I'm there try to figure out a way to stay.

• 9 years later...

Archived