Bitcoin In Thailand

StoneSoup

10 hours ago, Mekong said:

But how does the buyer distinguish between number 1 and number 10 if they are identical digital copies. 
I could make 10 copies of an original and label them all as original and nobody would be able to tell the difference.

The One Redeeming Quality of NFTs Might Not Even Exist

Thanks for that link Kong.

All the justifications I have heard for NFTs, are from artists and their agents and hangers on.

Nice to see someone, that Artists will sit up and take notice of: saying - ...On an art podcast, Hockney recently said, “What is it that they’re owning? I don’t really know.” NFTs, Hockney said, are the domain of “international crooks and swindlers.”...

_

And what is standard practise for any computer literate person? Back ups. And a Back up off site as well, so there's three copies of my gazillion dollar NFT right there. Am I worth 3 times a gazillion dollars now?

And if I email is to someone after I sold it? how many times does it get written in the email process?

_

FSA

To quote the world famous Coss - "Yes even though people have paid in the millions for NFTs, that's just FSA - "first sucker advantage". "

So if artists, galleries and buyers all support these, why do we give a shit?

The fact you use the words "hangers on" shows you have little appreciation for this type of artwork.

And that's perfectly acceptable, but it does .Ake it hard for you to this solution is bad for those who do like that type of artwork

Hockney is a good artist, he isn't involved in the field as a digital creator. 

Makes his comments irrelevant to those who are in the field.

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have them

If someone hates mobiles, thinks they are stupid and waste people's time, does that make mobiles stupid and time wasters for people who use them?

2 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Hockney is a good artist, he isn't involved in the field as a digital creator. 

Makes his comments irrelevant to those who are in the field.

Yes he is Hockney, but don’t let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

I personally don’t take Heroin or Crystal Meth, does that make my thoughts that they are bad irrelevant? It does according to your way of thinking.

No that's just you being argumentative, which we know you love to be,

It's about critiquing something you don't use while ignoring what the users think.

Bitcoin perfect example, I was principled and refused bitcoin as I refused to endorse it as a currency, and I think its stupid.

I was correct to do so in "my" mind

But flip side, unlike many others who didn't think of it as a currency rather an investment,  I didn't make a large amount of $'s

My only hope of redemption is it crashes back to cents per bitcoin

Not likely

You stated “Hockney was not involved in digital art” I post a link to prove that he is, and I am being argumentative.

Does that give me the right to make erroneous statements and accuse anybody of disproving me of just being “argumentative”, I will have to remember that one 

• 3 weeks later...

There are a large number of people (what constitutes large is subjective) making 10s if not 100s of thousands of dollars off NFTs. Like anything else, if you understand the space and are smart about, you can make a lot of money. 

As for Bitcoin, I wish I had some cash right now to get in. I don't think we'll ever see a sub 40k bitcoin again once the next surge happens.