Most Expensive Beer

The_Munchmaster

I'm in Amman in Jordan at the moment (just arrived yesterday) and I'm staying at the Marriott Hotel. Very plush it is and with beer prices to match. Last night and tonight I've been down in their Champions Bar watching the Champions League quarter finals and the cheapest beer is Stella at £7 (~Baht 350) a pint?!! There are bottled beers very slightly cheaper but then they contain a lot less beer so are actually waay more expensive. :drinking:

Even the mini bar prices are outrageous, with 33cl cans of local beer (Amstel) @ £5.8 (Baht 290) and 33cl cans of imported beer (Heineken) @ a whopping £8.7 (Baht 435)!! :shocked:

I'm actually working down at the Dead Sea and on Sunday will be transferring to the Marriott there so don't expect any respite from the prices. To make it worse you can't just pop out to the local minimart to stock your room fridge with a few tinnies as most minimarts don't sell alcohol and down where I'm going there is only one very small mall and the convenience store there also doesn't sell alcohol! :banghead:

So has anyone paid more for a beer anywhere?

Doha has a go. A pint in a bar here (only in 5* hotels) QR40, about £6.50. I've been charged QR48 before, about £7.85 and about the priciest, not beer but at a party last year a friend and I each ordered a large G&T, this was also in a hotel but each was QR100, about £16.35 :drinking: