The Illiteracy Project *DELETED*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EH..you lolo? You forget one Hawaiian language?

Here. I give fo you. Fo real, you know:

Hey brah, what you tink? I try tree time alreadys, but I no can speak da kine, you know! Fo get tis shittt, I like go eat, already. Grind em'.

Brudda HT

Hi,

Danish

Jeg snakker ikke dansk.

My Spanish is not good - I think your translation is correct word by word, but probably

Hablo no español

is better.

Japanese- ?

Nihongo wa zenzen hanashimasen.

The Japanese version is ok but the correct translation into English is: I do not speak Japanese at all. 'zenzen' is very strong. It's sufficient to say nihongo wa hanashimasen or instead of 'hanashimasen' you can also use dekimasen meaning don't know or cannot.

HI!

In reply to:

[color:red]If 100 Swedish native spepakers of Swedish were to wish to say that they did not speak Swedish , what form would the majority of them use, please?color=red>

I'm not sure as both are perfectly valid in this context. My best guess is 'pratar' as talar could be deemed as slightly more highbrow. E.g. when someone gives a speech the word 'talar' would probably be the first choice.

You could also say: Jag snackar inte svenska.

This is more evereday (colloqial?) speech although not strictly slang. Some Swedes would probably use this instead.

Compare this to the Danish phrase posted by elef. As you may know Sewdish, Danish and Norwegian are basically three dialects of the same language. The Norwegian phrase would be very similar but ending in norsk.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived