The Illiteracy Project *DELETED*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If 100 Japanese native spepakers of Japanese were to wish to say that they did not speak Japanese, what form would the majority of them use, please?

they would say:

watashi wa nihongo wo hanazemasen.

I do not speak Japanese.

Pig Latin: I-ay on't-day eak-spay ig-Pay atin-Lay.

Don't forget the logical fallacy: You say you can't speak Language X while speaking Language X to say so.

I second Alholks post -- but I wonder if I wouldn't recommend:

"Jag talar inte svenska"

In an official setting, or as written, this one is probably used a whole lot more.

If you use "Jag pratar inte svenska", it is somewhat like saying: "I don't talk Swedish" -- although you just did....

Straycat

Just to be sure -- third character looks a two-drawer filing cabinet and the fourth looks like a crucifix with legs?

right you are. I never thought about that. Btw the meaning of the Chinese character (Kanji) nr. 3 is hi or ni (sun) and character no. 4 hon or pon (origin or root) meaning NIHON or NIPPON or origin of the sun, hence Land of the rising sun.

Curious that The Sun's ideogram would be two stacked squares. What's the story there?

in ancient Chinese it used to be a circle with a point in it's center. Very similar how we see the sun: round and a bit more reddish in its center.

Hi!

I think you might be right there but in spoken everyday spoken Sedish I'm not sure. All three phrases will under all circumstances be understood by a native Swedish speaker.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. Trevlig helg

Archived