Hot Thai Babes From The 60's

gawguy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sirikwan is the only one I consider attractive. The others are fat cows.

Sirikwan caused quite a stir around 1976 with her Gai Daeng poster, since an assortment of stuffy posh "ladies" accused her of denegrating Thai women by posing nude. Her reply was that she was just a poor girl trying to make a living. She had a short movie career, but quit because she was always cast as the sexy bad girl. She was from Nakhorn Pathom, as I recall. Gai Daeng was a new liquor that tried to challenge Mekhong's hold on the market. It failed, but the posters are still collectors items. :)

http://www.thaiworldview.com/tv/act.php?myChoice=Sirikwan%20Nanthasiri&mySearch=2

I saw "The Big Boss" in Thailand when it came out, and there were no topless prostitutes. But Thailand got the censored version of films in those days. No nudity allowed. The censorship ended after the October 1973 rising against the "Gang of Three", but it returned following the 6 October 1976 Thammasat Massacre and the right-wing takeover. I remember seeing the same Run Run Shaw film both before and after the return of censorship. In the non-censored version, the Japanese villain walked up to his topless wife as she combed her long hair in front of a mirror and groped her boobs. In the censored version, the wife was clothed and the husband didn't even touch her. We also had some racy Thai men's magazines during those years, but they were all closed after October 1976.

Let me sum up that Malarin Boonnak played...

The factory owner makes Bruce Lee the foreman, providing him with alcohol and prostitutes. One of the prostitutes,named Sun played by

Malarin Boonnak had sex with Bruce Lee and appeared in a scene with Bruce Lee "topless" where she was later killed with a knife by

the factory owner's son.

The Big Boss was produced by Raymond Chow of Golden Harvest. I believe he used to work for Run Run Shaw before going out on his own to form Golden Harvest.

I believe Raymond Chow is still alive but Run Run Shaw died early this year at 107 years old. Gee!

I wonder what it was like in Bangkok way then. Long time can be had probably for under 400 baht. Pattaya was a back water village and probably the US Navy hadn't discovered it yet from the Vietnam war days.