Is This The End Of Diet Soda?

Flashermac

Baking soda is a good one. But salt will go into solution and have no "grit" to clean well before too long. You could easily make your own paste with BS, a bit of fluoride, and peroxide and do just fine. You would miss out on the tater control agents though and some other stuff....

Which just made me think, some of that stuff (the tarter control) might (likely) taste horrible by themselves. Which could explain the stack of sweeteners in OTC paste....?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The process of glycosylation, where sugar molecules are attached to proteins, has long been of interest to scientists, particularly because certain sugar molecules are present in very high numbers in cancer cells. It now turns out that these sugar molecules are not only present but actually aid the growth of the malignant cells. In the long term this discovery is an important step towards a cure that can stop the growth of cancer cells."

LINK

• 2 months later...

Never liked the taste of diet sodas but I hope that they'd do something about it, I mean I still see diet sodas everywhere and it seems like Coke (or our government?) is clueless with the effects. Nevertheless, it's still best to avoid these type of drinks, organic sweeteners like Stevia will do.

Hi,

"It tastes like crap, but it's getting hard to find anything else in restaurants. Good reason to opt for a bottle of water instead."

Yeah, pretty much my response as well. I like have cola with my meal, but if all they have is Est I will get water instead.

Sanuk!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never liked the taste of diet sodas but I hope that they'd do something about it, I mean I still see diet sodas everywhere and it seems like Coke (or our government?) is clueless with the effects. Nevertheless, it's still best to avoid these type of drinks, organic sweeteners like Stevia will do.

There are a variety of sugar substitutes.

The better diet soda use sucralose (Splenda).

Not sure if Coke Zero is available in Thailand. But much better taste then Diet Coke. One uses Splenda the other does not.

Diabetes is an issue for many as they age. Specially if a tad overweight.