Offshore Bar And Chippie Closed!

The_Munchmaster

Well bad news. The new owners decided to raise the prices extremely drastically for food.

Chips was 45 baht. Now 60 baht for small and 100 baht for large portion (the 100 baht is what the 45 baht used to be)

Hamburger used to be 25 baht. Is now 150 baht!!!!!!!

Pies went from 80 baht to 120 baht.

etc etc.

Baked beans is not on the menu anymore.

I used to go there because although the quality of the food was not 5 star, they charged according to the quality. Now they charge the same ridiculous prices as any other British pub around town. So no reason to go to them as could get same food at same price elsewhere but prolly better quality.

Ship Inn's food was better than the Off Shore, but a bit more expensive. Still, it was never as high as the other pub type restaurants. I'll have to check it out myself. Sounds like the prices are about what the Ship Inn's were before.

p.s. I haven't had a hamburger anywhere for at least 5 or 6 years and don't want one. But I do hope they still have that big hunk of fish you got from the Off Shore. The Ship Inn did have a nice English breakfast. :hmmm:

The battered beef burger was a burger from Foodland which they sell in pack of 4 in batter.

I went by the Fish and Ship (as it is now called) again tonight as I was on Sukhumvit. So I tried the burger. Good bun, good lettuce, tomato and onions. The meat was not that good though. It didn't look like beef. it was whitish/pinkish inside not brown. It tasted pretty bland. Certainly not worth 150 baht.

Next time I will try the English sausage or the cumber land, which have stayed the same in price.

Chips are still good as ever. Just need to find the right combo again. I used to eat Chips, baked beans and 2 battered beef burgers. Now I am left with the Chips, as the baked beans are gone (an English place without baked beans! must be a 1st), and the new burger is not really worth the asking price.

Price for coke has doubled from 25 baht to 50 baht today since my last visit only a couple of days ago :(