Charter Court Dismisses Yingluck And Nine Cabinet Members From Office

waerth

Constitutional Court rules Yingluck and her cabinet guilty

The Constitutional Court today unanimously ruled that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was guilty in interfering in the reshuffling of senior government officials, of covering up of facts in the unusual and speedy transfer, falsifying date in the transfer order to cover up facts, and aiding a relative to get promotion to the top police post, which is a blatant interference of senior government reshuffle.

The court said the transfer of former national security chief Thawil Pliensri and the transfer of former national police chief Pol Gen Photo Phosri was merely to make the national police chief post vacant and was a joint effort by the caretaker prime minister to facilitate the appointment of her relative Pol Gen Pliewphan Damapong to the post, which is a violation of the Constitution.

The court ruled that her caretaker premiership status is therefore terminated and she cannot stay to perform her caretaker role.

It also ruled that since the unlawful transfer of Mr Thawil Pliensri was endorsed hastily by the cabinet, the cabinet ministers who attended the meeting to endorse the transfer must also be held responsible and therefore are also guilty and their status must be terminated.

http://englishnews.t...cabinet-guilty/

The naivety of yellow shirts supporters is unbelievable. You think Abhisit and Suthep are doing all of this simply because they love Thailand....get real! Google Suthep and corruption! They and their judicial and establishment cronies are having withdrawal symptoms for not being able to dip their hands in the till having lost every fair and square election since 2001! All those lovely development projects going into someone else's pockets...what's the angle? how can we reverse this?...I know ...let's shut Bangkok down, run the country into the ground, keep chanting the mantra "Reform" (whatever the fuck that means..no-one seems to have defined it yet..but thousands seem to be prepared [or paid] to march and die for it!) ... we may have a few casualties along the way...Buddha forbid it's our own necks...pay the deceased's families a million baht each and pray publicly for them

...all because the PM reassigned a hostile public servant appointed by a previous unelected government. A total bullshit pretext! Would this ever have happened in the west..maybe Obama should have been sacked for dismissing McChrystal.

Democracy..the will of the majority of the people... may not be the most efficient form of government, but it's the best we've got.

The Thai poli's should work within the democracy they have. If the voters dont like your policies, then change your policies. Use your time in opposition and a free media to expose the government's corruption and to get your own house in order for the next plebiscite. But don't use your mates in high places and constitutional courts to bend the rules to win power. because ultimately it ain't going to work. Majority voters in 3 elections disenfranchised.. I'd be mightily upset, wouldn't you be?

3 men in a Constitutional Court appointed by the unelected previous government cannot cancel the voices of 30 million voters...excuse the poetic licence on the figures but you get the point.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.... Thanks Abe.

:beer:

I cannot imagine Thaksin not being sentenced in 2001 already. I cannot imagine Thaksin and his relatives not being behind bars for life if they tried the same things in the west.

Why are you defending a dictatorial family? I guess you love Putin to?

>> Why are you defending a dictatorial family?

...I’m not. I’m defending democracy. Allow the majority of Thais to decide what government they want.

>>>I guess you love Putin to[sic]?

...err that's a total non sequitur but...

I think Putin has a point about ethnic Russian towns in eastern Ukraine close to the Russian border. Offer the people (if they have been there for generations not recent ring-ins) an internationally supervised referendum: a fast-tracked Ukraine membership of a free EU or life in mafia Russia. Up2u.

The Crimean port of Sepabastapol (sp?) has been a Russsian port for 240 years what they are going to give it up?

The western whore media has done a superb job covering up/ the US change of Regime shenanigans in Kiev but it may be pay back time.

I hope not but we have forced Russia and China together even closer.

Take a look at the USDX chart its all coming at the dollar-

The banksters are good/we will see how good...

3 men in a Constitutional Court appointed by the unelected previous government cannot cancel the voices of 30 million voters...excuse the poetic licence on the figures but you get the point.

. :beer:

Yes they can and they did. :beer:

Next step is to imprison the Thaksinistas.

Yes they can and they did. :beer:

Next step is to imprison the Thaksinistas.

You can't steal the votes of the majority of the Thai people in 3 elections without consequences.

I have a feeling the present turmoil is far from over, and sadly Thailand will be the loser.

If the reds elect people that commit offenses that can be grounds for removal, then thats the way it is.

...you mean like this bloke http://en.wikipedia....thep_Thaugsuban

"1995 to present corruption scandal

As part of the Sor Por Kor 4-01 (สปà¸.4-01) land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket province to 489 farmers. It was later found that members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surat Thani constituency a month before a no-confidence debate and called on his supporters to march on Bangkok in the hundreds of thousands to defend his reputation.[5] The scandal led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no-confidence debate

Wikileaks diplomatic cables from the US embassy revealed that many members of his own party have long complained of his corrupt and unethical behavior.

2009 disqualification as MP

In 2009, Suthep was accused of violating the Constitution of Thailand by holding equity in a media firm that had received concessions from the government. Under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, which Suthep had supported, Members of Parliament are banned from holding stakes in companies which have received government concessions. In July 2009, the Election Commission announced that it would seek a ruling by the Constitutional Court to disqualify Suthep.

Suthep held a press conference a day later, announcing his decision to resign from Parliament. Suthep's resignation as an MP did not affect his status as a Deputy Prime Minister and as a Cabinet member. If his case had been submitted to the Constitution Court, he would have been suspended from duty as Deputy Prime Minister. He insisted his resignation was not a proof that he had done anything wrong but that he was worried about status as Deputy Prime Minister [now where have I heard that recently?]

2013 indictment for murder charge over 2010 strife

After several Criminal court ruling that deaths and injuries sustained by red-shirt protesters during the political unrest in April and May 2010 are the direct result of order to soldier given by Suthep Thaugsuban, the director of the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES), the Department of Special Investigation, public prosecutors and police agreed to file murder charges against him.[11][12] Suthep was also found responsible by the Court for the assassination of Italian journalist Fabio Polenghi, who was covering the 2010 protests."

..now that the courts have time on their hands (after sitting on their hands for 5 years or more), perhaps these illustrious guardians of morality and defenders of Thai democracy will pursue a few yellow shirts too.

...but don’t hold your breath!

Of course, BOTH sides are corrupt as buggery!

But for the first time, after decades/centuries of neglect of the rural poor by the establishment, Taksin was canny enough to see the power of the democratic vote. So he actually did something for the poor, while feathering his own nest at the same time of course, changing the capital gains tax laws the day before he made a $2 billion profit on his telco sale.

It’s up to opposition parties to create policies that will appeal to the majority of voters..not just the elite, but a wider population who now feel empowered by democracy. Be smarter than Taksin.

The present yellow shirts way of fiddling the system with trumped up charges to grab power by stealth in order to get their hands in the till again will only embitter the 3 times disenfranchised majority and lead to strife and bloodshed.

Not my problem really..unless under martial law the bars in Pattaya are closed :sad: