I'm Beautiful

I was travelling down from Jordan to Dubai earlier today (a long weekend away from the boredom of the Dead Sea) and at the immigration counter at the new Amman airport the immi officer told me that I was beautiful. Just like that, "You are beautiful"! :shocked: Dead chuffed I was, as that's not something I hear every day! :)

Maybe lost in Translation, similar to english sounding Beautiful is the Arabic Word for Child / kid / tyke / nipper etc, so maybe a better compliment and he was calling you a young man, but knowing Arab Insults it was probably an Arabic insult much as in the UK we may refer to somebody as "Son" even though that person maybe older than us, a way to take control.

Sorry to shatter your illusion Munchie but enjoy your short break back in Dubai.

<<<--- Makes Mental Note to Self "No Need to Remember Arabic anymore, No Intention of ever returning to Middle East or the UK"

Hatha Jameel or Da Gameel is said when something is beautiful ..... Jameel or Gameel can also be defined as good

Maybe he was mixing up the English in the translation between beautiful and good and what he was trying to say was "you are a good person "

Maybe lost in Translation, similar to english sounding Beautiful is the Arabic Word for Child / kid / tyke / nipper etc, so maybe a better compliment and he was calling you a young man, but knowing Arab Insults it was probably an Arabic insult much as in the UK we may refer to somebody as "Son" even though that person maybe older than us, a way to take control.

No, nothing lost in translation, he was speaking English.

Hatha Jameel or Da Gameel is said when something is beautiful ..... Jameel or Gameel can also be defined as good

Maybe he was mixing up the English in the translation between beautiful and good and what he was trying to say was "you are a good person "

Obviously I am a good person but that's not what he was saying.