Jehova's Witnesses

khunsanuk

I've had them visit me on their recruiting missions.

I used to tell them to F**K Off.

But now I politely state to them that I respect their religion and their religious beliefs. And I tell them to keep up the Lord's work.

But then I state quite clearly that I am not interested. And they move one. Never had one pushy or keep talking after my statements.

The Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in an immortal soul and life after death. When they die, they die. However, on Judgment Day the faithful will be miraculously reconstituted from their dust and will then live forever. They have to go out preaching their faith, or they will not be reconstituted. Nutty as it seems, they are pretty decent folks. A couple of West Indian women used to come by my family's home in the States every month or so. My father always spoke to them politely and then they went on their way. They were never the least bit pushy. I enjoyed their humour and their West Indian accents. Reminded me of being in the Caribbean myself.

The clowns who rant in public are quite another matter. A couple of them used to come to my university to "preach" to the students in our building. They were very pushy, and we finally told them to sod off and talk to the students outside of the campus!

I live opposite a main (the main?) Jehovahs Witness Church / accommodation complex in Bangkok and these people are a pain!

Every time I walk up the Soi to the main road, if any of these people are approaching they inevitably come up to me and ask "are you coming to our Church this Sunday?".

It's easy to spot them coming - white shirt black tie and a black ID badge - so I have time to make up a flippant or mildly insulting response.

Patrick

Best thing about owning a dog - if the dog knows you (ie a relative, one of the boys, or the kids next door), she wags her tail and gets excited at the prospect of a pat. Door knocker (incl religious) - she barks, looks and sounds like a killer dog.. I don't even need to be rude, I say, "Come on in," they politely leave and stick some junkmail in the letter box.

Jehovah's Witnesses was begun by Charles Taze Russell in 1872 according to their own literature only 144,000 can go to heaven

Just say " Bad luck your not going .... it's full "

• 3 weeks later...

I really like religion - especially the Christian version that past the plate. When the plate comes to me, I stand up in jubilation and shout "Here god, take what you want and leave the rest for me!" Then I toss the money into the air and after god takes what he wants, I run out the door with the rest!