Prayuth Accepts Hm's Advice As An Option

Flashermac

A proposal by a group of retired senior military officers to seek His Majesty's advice on the deepening political crisis is an option, but whether it could be implemented depended on many factors including rules, acceptance and appropriateness, Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha said yesterday.

Prayuth said he had read the proposal addressed to him and other top commanders, which was submitted by the Man of State group last week.

The group said it expected the commanders-in-chief of the Army, Navy and Air Force as well as the supreme command to decide on the proposal before today.

"I have read the proposal, meaning I am already informed of it. The proposal is just the group's idea and there is no pressure for its acceptance. It was sent to me for consideration only. I call on the public not to criticise it."

"General Saiyud [Kerdphol] and the group were offering an option only. Whether that option could be implemented or not would depend on the rules, conditions, acceptance and other factors, which would need to be studied in detail to prevent further obstacles," the Army chief said.

It was not reliant on refusal or acceptance by the Armed Forces, as it would have to pass through many procedures and involve others to examine the issue.

"We do, however, appreciate their loyalty to the monarch and their determination to bring peace to the country. It's better than those who do nothing but negatively criticise others without giving any thought to the damage this is causing the country," he said.

http://www.nationmul...n-30233573.html