I Give Up. Dumping Windows 8.

unit731

Don't blame you,

There are many sites where you can download some software, to change the front end to give the feel and appearance of window 7 such as :

http://www.classicshell.net/

If your in Thailand it would be easy a quick format and a pirate copy of windows 7 in most shops 300 baht. In any case new laptops where I buy them, never have an operating system and they always load pirate copies

I have a Win XP laptop, that *WAS* my travel machine.

I'm using a new Celeron-powered (translation: UNDERpowered) Windows 8.1 laptop on this trip.

For basic web browsing, and the occasional PDF download, it is OK. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a reliable technology for whitelisting Flash Player, and multiple Flash streams routinely bring the machine to a dead crawl.

I have not tried to do serious development on it. (I did break down and load GNU Emacs, and it appears to be working at least minimally.)

Don't blame you,

There are many sites where you can download some software, to change the front end to give the feel and appearance of window 7 such as :

http://www.classicshell.net/

If your in Thailand it would be easy a quick format and a pirate copy of windows 7 in most shops 300 baht. In any case new laptops where I buy them, never have an operating system and they always load pirate copies

Thank you.

I have had the Windows 8 (8.1) laptop for about a year now. It is my travel computer. I did download more then a few tweaks to make it look more traditional.

But my business and consulting is winding down. It just takes too long to find things and the apps are driving me nuts.

I do know many that use a tablet for some and I can understand the app parts.

Just my opinion - I think Microsoft should have released another version of Windows 8 for the non-touch screen computers.

PC/desktop/laptop sales are down - other then the business community. And many again, are using tablets.

The train of technology has left the station. And I'm not on it.

I have a Win XP laptop, that *WAS* my travel machine.

I'm using a new Celeron-powered (translation: UNDERpowered) Windows 8.1 laptop on this trip.

For basic web browsing, and the occasional PDF download, it is OK. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a reliable technology for whitelisting Flash Player, and multiple Flash streams routinely bring the machine to a dead crawl.

I have not tried to do serious development on it. (I did break down and load GNU Emacs, and it appears to be working at least minimally.)

Spywareblaster has a built-in flash killer in its Tools section.

https://www.brightfo...areblaster.html

A friend of mine has bent his Sony Viao running WN8 because he has hit it so much out of frustration, I have a copy of WN7 Ultimate and office 2013 to load onto his machine before he breaks it, people joke about throwing laptops out of the window, trust me I have witnessed him hurling it through the window.

WN8 Sucks big time