I Give Up. Dumping Windows 8.

unit731

I like windows 8....my laptop takes 12 seconds to start up, never freezes or crashes.......well thats gone and done it :help:

12 seconds to start up and the rest of the day full of frustration. My Win7 boots in 12 seconds as well.... I got an SSD drive in it.

12 seconds to start up and the rest of the day full of frustration. My Win7 boots in 12 seconds as well.... I got an SSD drive in it.

I don't get a day of frustration, at least not from Windows!

Maybe it's an age thing which is causing you old boys to struggle with the new technology? :dunno:

Maybe it's an age thing which is causing you old boys to struggle with the new technology? :dunno:

Thanks Mr. Munch.

I still have a rotary cell phone. An upgrade from my original crank cell phone !

• 2 months later...

Well, I finally got around to selling my Samsung Windows 8 laptop.

Got about 80% of what I paid for it over a year ago.

Got a new Toshiba Windows 7 laptop.

I'm done with Microsoft until there is no more support for Windows 7.

My backup desktop is XP and still running.

I wasn't overly keen on Win 8 so upgraded to 8.1 and am beginning to quite like it.

I've certainly noticed the fast start up speed compared to the version I hand on previous laptop.

Munchy, you might want to do some "cold & dead" battery lifetime testing. That Asus Celeron I mentioned has an interesting design feature: It is NEVER fully powered off. It is ALWAYS draining juice out of the battery, at least at a very low level. If I don't want it to die the death, it HAS to live on the AC adapter when not in use. (It appears that it would take several days to a few weeks to drain the battery completely, but drain it it will.)

When I called Asus tech support about it, they told me this was a feature. It is SUPPOSED to do that, so it can boot up quicker.

That's the LAST time I buy an Asus laptop.

• Like 1