Pattaya - April 2002 Songkran

Guys,

Looking for some general information about Pattaya during the Songkran festival. I have heard that Pattaya goes off for around a week and it is one of the more happening places in Thailand to be in....

Guys that have been to both Chiang Mai and Pattaya during Songkran a comparison of the 2 would be appreciated.

I am not looking for information about barfines/gogo bars but just the general info. about Pattaya during this festival.

The reason why I want to find this information out is because I will be in Thailand during this festival but haven't made my mind up where I will be (i.e Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Hua Hin...)

Constructive input will be appreciated.

Sanukboot.

Actually, you could be in C.Mai on the oficial date of the 13th, getting merrily soaked, dry up and find yourself in Pattaya on the 19th, which is the day when all goes beserk over there, and water floods the street as if a storm just passed. Usually, the festival starts on the 12th, and culminates on the 19th. Personaly, one songkran was enough for me, you can have fun for an afternoon, but after a few hours, you get tired of being splashed over. But by all means enjoy! Watch out though, tempers tend to flare up with the excitement...

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Archived