Coup Declared

Flashermac

Yes this coup was well organised. Except that Thai and other airlines are still bringing in passengers even though they are not allowed to travel from the airport during curfew hours. Foreigners are still allowed to go to the airport though.

I cannot remember how long the curfew lasted the last time...

I am surprised the taxis are not running FROM the airport-

I suspect that will change soon-Coup or not the show must go on-

Its a tradition :grinyes:

Back JUne 3rd late at night betting its clear by then but TIT--- :dunno: :dunno:

Michael Yon

10pm

Thailand -- Curfew begins at 2200. Now.

Traffic is light. Much Army and Police on the streets.

A Red Shirt source who was there during the raid tonight called me saying that only about 20 shots were fired. He said the Army fired into the air. He said that a Red Shirt leader on stage told the people to cooperate with the Army and that there were no dramas. The Army arrested at least one Red Shirt leader there.

A good PDRC source (former Member of Parliament) told me that they have no word about Suthep or other PDRC leaders. The Army has them. PDRC called Suthep's wife. She did not provide any information, but they said she was calm. (The wife of Suthep Thaugsuban (สุเทพ เทือà¸à¸ªà¸¸à¸šà¸£à¸£à¸“) better be of calm heart. Otherwise she would have a breakdown.)

Suthep is friends with General Prayuth. There is little doubt that the Army is taking good care of all the leaders that the Army obviously has arrested or at least detained.

Martial law is now the law of the land. The military coup has happened.

https://www.facebook...FanPage?fref=nf

http://prachatai.com/english/node/3987

TBPS News programme director taken away by military after airing news on Youtube

The military took away TPBS Deputy Director on news program Wanchai Tantiwitthayapithak, after he insisted to air the news on Youtube despite the coup makers’ order to cease all broadcast.

Source inside the TPBS station said that Wanchai was taken to the first Army Area around 9.30pm to “tune in understanding†between the media and army.

The online broadcast was ended shortly before he was taken away by the army.

Earlier, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) reportedly requested cooperation with the TPBS not to broadcast any program on Television. The order was implemented by the TPBS board member, but the news division insisted on airing the program online.