Coup Declared

Flashermac

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 17m

11:30am - RT @GabyDoman: It's getting violent. People are throwing things /shouting & soldiers are using riot shields pic.twitter.com/ZQ9MYZXTNA

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 1m

11:45am - Police have barricaded northern end of Witthayu Rd (Wireless Rd) to stop Anti-#ThaiCoup protesters reaching US Embassy #Bangkok

Tulip Naksompop â€@Tulip_Oum 3m

11:30AM “@PHancocksCNN: Protestors push the Thai military back at Amarin Plaza to great cheers. #Thaicoup pic.twitter.com/KhBmsP6qdtâ€

Newley Purnell â€@newley 6m

Demonstrators berate Thai troops outside McDonald’s Amarin as media snap away. #Thailand pic.twitter.com/pxkidYsx0x

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 5m

11:40am Witthayu Rd closed from US Embassy to Ploenchit -RT @Monkiez_Chef: มีà¸à¸²à¸£à¸›à¸´à¸”ถนนวิทยุ บริเวณ หน้าสถานฑูตสหรัà¸à¸¯ ถึงà¹à¸¢à¸à¹€à¸žà¸¥à¸´à¸™à¸ˆà¸´à¸•

Pichayada P. â€@p_pichayada 6m

A lot of soldiers at McDonalds in Rajprasong,BKK's business district, as anti-coup protest heats up. @ChannelNewsAsia pic.twitter.com/R7YfnSaXyQ

Tulip Naksompop â€@Tulip_Oum 7m

11:21AM MT @ThaipbsEngNews: Polices set up a blockade on wireless rd to block anti-coup protesters to reach US Emb pic.twitter.com/hBGuObPJ0i

Sebastien Chatelier â€@SChatelier 27m

#ThaiCoup - New York Times photographer forced to leave the area of anticoup demonstration @louiswitter @FreeMindXs pic.twitter.com/F5cdJjvNXE

Free Mind â€@FreeMindXs 2m

#ThaiCoup Protesters inside Mc Donald's confirm they are red shirts. Apparently they have some leaders. pic.twitter.com/gJxgGj4yLJ

Aubrey Belford â€@AubreyBelford 3m

Absolutely no one ordering the Happy Meal "@W7VOA: Some of anti-#ThaiCoup protestors have "occupied" McDonald's pic.twitter.com/QAzzxSYGMK"

Sasiwan Mokkhasen â€@amsasiwan 3m

An Anti-coup protester has been delivered to hospital as he lost consciousness after confronting army cr:@brnititorn pic.twitter.com/atFATgskzC

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 1m

12pm Difficult to see how many protesters in @newley's pic. Hands up if you're just there to take pics pic.twitter.com/c3SY0RtGd3 #ThaiCoup

Jonathan Head â€@pakhead 1m

1 young soldier close to tears as anti-coup protesters shout in his face outside MacDonalds #ThaiCoup

Newley Purnell â€@newley 10s

Recap: 2 hours ago army set up outside McDonald’s. Few onlookers. Now large group of protesters chanting & surrounding troops

Jonathan Head â€@pakhead 1h

They cannot cage my conscience. I hope Gen. Prayuth will be the last dictator in Thailand. @PravitR surrendering to military this morning.

You are right. Tweet by Jonathan Head (the pro Thaksin BBC journalist):

Jonathan Head â€@pakhead 34m

There are people identifying themselves as red shirt leaders organising Amarin protest. It looks well planned. #ThaiCoup

So if red shirts leaders are there, you can bet on it they want to get people killed. So I tweeted to him (not that he will take note (ermmm I am wrong, he retweeted me LOL))

@pakhead So watch the rooftops. If organised they might want to start shooting people claiming army did it. Like in 2010

And for the other news:

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 18m

12:45pm RT @MimiSawitta: Chatuchak market quieter than usual but almost all shops still open. Tourists walking around seem blissfully happy

Ryn C. â€@Ryn_writes 14m

It appears that an army supporter (same woman who went to Major Ratchayothin yesterday) turned up at Rajprasong, causing a bit of commotion.

georgehenton â€@georgehenton 25m

A packed McDonald’s; protestors, journos and 45 baht bottles of water. #thaicoup pic.twitter.com/YLdsewN4Uk

Mark Moran @kee_neow · 17s

It's a female yellow shirt who was blowing a whistle and then sought refuge behind soldiers.

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 18m

The Anti-Coup protests this afternoon are taking place near the Ratchaprasong intersection. Elsewhere in #Bangkok everything is “normalâ€.

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 51s

1pm @fm91trafficpro reporting that Witthayu Road (Wireless Road) where the US Embassy is situated, is open as normal

2Bangkok â€@2Bangkok 6m

SkyNews on McD rally:"tense, concerning, gathering in huge numbers"When reporter mentioned Reds were leading protest, feed was cut

Tulip Naksompop â€@Tulip_Oum 9m

NCPO asks energy business dpt, land transport dpt, oil traders, and transportion operators to meet at 2PM today.-@TNAMCOT

Mark Stone â€@Stone_SkyNews 4m

Just saw young Thai soldier maintaining his position but sobbing as protesters berate him. Personal loyalties differ from army orders?

Zashnain Zainal â€@bedlamfury 8m

Anti-coup protests at Rajprasong, Bangkok. Crowd increasing, with curious tourists. pic.twitter.com/9ExmcIf4m8

Kristie Kenney the US ambassador is sticking her nose in:

JohnP â€@JohnP1752 1h

@KristieKenney The removal of basic human rights is unaccepable. Thailand needs to be told

JohnP â€@JohnP1752 3h

Stories of some of those detained having their facebook and other social media cleaned up. An exercise during their thinking time?

Ryn C. â€@Ryn_writes 4m

I do understand those support Army but coming alone to protest against another group is somewhat suicidal but who am I to judge, right?

Hi,

"Just saw young Thai soldier maintaining his position but sobbing as protesters berate him. Personal loyalties differ from army orders?"

Pretty sad to take it out on these kids. It was not their decision. Hell, they likely don't even want to be there.

Sanuk!

Tulip Naksompop â€@Tulip_Oum 1m

1:15PM onwards, BTS train will not stop at Pleonchit and Chitlom stations due to situation under stations till further notice.-@BTS_SkyTrain

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 2m

McDonalds is doing good business with protesters & media escaping the heat (Pic @georgehenton) #ThaiCoup #Bangkok pic.twitter.com/McSyBgvl9Z

My own tweet:

I am telling ya! McDonalds is organizing and sponsoring these protests. Yesterday @ Ratchayothin branch today @ Amarin branch.

Aim_The Nation â€@Aim_NT 22s

A small chaos happened when a woman showed PDRC symbol at the anti-coup protest at Ratchaprosong. Officers separated them. Via @olan_nna

Tinnakorn Saehuang â€@TinnakornHuang 1m

@chomsowhat @johnwinyu @abhisit_en Thailand is not ready for democracy; most will fall for tricks of vote buying such as the rice scheme.

I do not believe the "unco-ordinated" part of this tweet though:

David Streckfuss â€@dstreckfuss 44m

Uncoordinated protests of many small groups popping up in Khon Kaen http://isaanrecord.c...in-khon-kaen/ …

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 2m

1:37pm Ploenchit Rd inbound is closed at Chidlom Intersection. Traffic is diverted onto Lang Suan (Pic @kowit_js) pic.twitter.com/s7JW01YJrg

Another anti coup meeting reported, at yet ANOTHER McDonalds!!!! (unbelievable, if I was Prayuth I would close all of Thailands McDonalds branches as they are used to instigate unrest LOL)

Rajprasong_News â€@Rajprasong_News 16s

#Thailand @moungkrong: At MacDonald Udoenthani ขณะนี้ที่à¹à¸¡à¹‡à¸„อุดรธานี pic.twitter.com/LaDDHu4Vrr http://fb.me/1vCoH2AQ9

Dave Oliver â€@daveoli 53m

Geez there sure seem to be a ton of journalists at these protests. Almost more than soldiers and protestors combined. Everywhere cameras!

veena T. â€@veen_NT 27s

Anti-coup protest: It's packed in front of McDonald's while the road is empty via @youdunnowho pic.twitter.com/W1M8JsZcJt

In this BBC Vid you can see how few people are actually demonstrating:

http://www.bbc.com/n...d-asia-27563382

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 47s

1:55pm - RT @AlliMarie623: Road block on Wireless at Conrad and Holland Embassy pic.twitter.com/G5YiD6KcqG

RedThroughoutTheLand â€@UDD_English 5m

Red shirts Sunday group wear @nuling mask under concept of "catch me if you can" at Rajchaprasong - photo via @b969 pic.twitter.com/1X6OoNQc72

Andrew Bond â€@thailandbondi 20h

@robertamsterdam What you talking about? We've had a de-facto unelected Prime Minister in exile for 3 years now. Not very democratic, is it!

Beejoir â€@beejoir 1h

@pakhead come on geezer it's a pissy little protest, more journos than protestors, never seen suck a weak gathering of nobodies

Jonah Fisher â€@JonahFisher 1m

MT "@JonahFisher BBC NOT Blocked on Cable TV in North East Thailand, watching it NOW. !" - yes appears to be Truevisions self censoring.